Need Overview of Medicare Sup Business

dfielder

I work in the Federal Market and offer primarily life and annuities. I have a lot of clients who are asking about Medicare and Medicare supp type stuff and I have simply told them "that is not my area".

I'm not sure how difficult the business is, or if there is any money in it.

Can some of you who are experienced give me the short description of what can be sold, how complex is it (should I sub it out to someone or is it something I can learn) and then what kind of money can be made?

I work in the Federal Market and offer primarily life and annuities. I have a lot of clients who are asking about Medicare and Medicare supp type stuff and I have simply told them "that is not my area".

I'm not sure how difficult the business is, or if there is any money in it.

Can some of you who are experienced give me the short description of what can be sold, how complex is it (should I sub it out to someone or is it something I can learn) and then what kind of money can be made?

Med Supps are probably the easiest thing you would ever sell. The plans are all standardized. What you're looking for mainly is price. You should read the "Medicare and You" handbook. You can download that from Medicare.gov.
As for the money that can be made. A couple of ways to look at that. The commissions vary by company, they can vary by which plan you sell, and/or they can actually vary depending on the state. You have shop for good contracts with companies that have a lower price....sometimes that's not easy to find.
Frank Stastny lives in MO, so he can probably tell you more about the states specifics than I can. He may be able to offer you a good contract or two also or at least tell you who to go to for a good one.

You should read the "Medicare and You" handbook. You can download that from Medicare.gov.

If you download it I hope you have DSL..............LOL

If you read it, start today; and include it in your New Year's Resolution........Maybe you will have it finished by 2010....

I am still trying to finish 2004's Medicare and you....:biggrin:

Todd is right.................if you are nice to him maybe he will help you.

Money can be made.

You have to believe more in the relationship than the sale... that's where it's at.

Study... folks here ain't gonna give you a powerpoint on "How to Make $250/year in The Med Supp Biz" like late night real estate junkies.

It ain't easy... period. It's worth it though.

Money can be made.

You have to believe more in the relationship than the sale... that's where it's at.

Study... folks here ain't gonna give you a powerpoint on "How to Make $250/year in The Med Supp Biz" like late night real estate junkies.

It ain't easy... period. It's worth it though.

Absolutely correct.

Back