Need Real Help. Just the Facts!

I am a captive P&C agent that sales some L&H. My current book is full of older people and where I market and the communities I work are under served in the FE market. After doing this research, I've come to the decision to open a highly visible FE only agency and need to offer many options. I won't put on airs and pretend that I have a large P&C book making 6 figures, but I'm making a good living off it, it's just too volatile in my market and the company I write for is no longer a good fit for me. Going from a captive (niche) company and moving toward another niche (FE only) might seem crazy, but I'm going for it.

The help I need is: What companies offer FE insurance. I have a couple and are vetting them now, but I need help in just finding out who's out there. So if you can list some that don't require you to be captive, that would be great.:idea:

Last edited:
I am a captive P&C agent that sales some L&H. My current book is full of older people and the where I market and the communities I work are under served in the FE market. After doing this research, I've come to the decision to open a highly visible FE only agency and need to offer many options. I won't but on airs and pretend that I have a large P&C book but I'm making a good living off it, it's just to volatile in my market and the company I write for is no long a good fit for me. Going from a captive (niche) company and moving toward another niche (FE only) might seem crazy, but I'm going for it.

The help I need is: What companies offer FE insurance. I have a couple and are vetting them now, but I need help in just finding out who's out there. So if you can list some that don't require you to be captive, that would be great.
Thanks
RW

Sounds like you don't need leads or training. Just a place to hang your contracts.

I think the FEX Quoter hasa free trial. If so, go to that and enter in the ages of some of your prospects. Look at the 3 or 4 companies that consistantly come up with the best rates.

Then contact those companies and see if they will contract you direct or if you have to go through an IMO or maybe they will contract direct but you could get a better deal thru an IMO.

Rates aren't everything for FE. Underwriting rules are just as important and that's where an IMO could help you. But looking at the rates will give you a starting point.

The help I need is: What companies offer FE insurance. I have a couple and are vetting them now, but I need help in just finding out who's out there. So if you can list some that don't require you to be captive, that would be great.
Thanks
RW

Here's a list of the companies we rate. This is all of the big players and then some...

5 Star Life
American Amicable
American Continental (Aetna)
American Home Life
American Memorial
American National
Americo
Assurant
Assurity
Baltimore Life
Bankers Fidelity
Boston Mutual Life
CSA Life
CSI Life
Christian Fidelity
Colorado Bankers
Columbian Life
Columbian New Century
Degree Of Honor
EMC Life
Equitable Life
Family Benefit
Federal Life
Fidelity Life
Foresters
Forethought Life
GPM Life
Gerber Life
Gleaner Life
Guarantee Trust Life
ING ReliaStar
Illinois Mutual
KSKJ Life
Kemper Life
Lafayette Life
Liberty Bankers Life
LifeShield
Madison National
Medico
Monumental Life
Motorists Life
Mutual Of Omaha
National Slovak
New Era Life
North Coast Life
Oxford Life
Philadelphia American
Phoenix Life
Royal Arcanum
Royal Neighbors
Sagicor
Security National
Securus Solutions
Sentinel Life
Settlers Life
Standard Life (UT)
Standard Life and Casualty (TX)
Sterling Life
Surebridge Life
Texas Life
Transamerica
Trinity Life
UCT Life
UNLI
United American
United Heritage
United Home Life
United Security
Value Life
Vantis Life
Washington National
William Penn

Wow! Thanks. The fact is know way I will try to get appointed with that many companies, but it's good to see so many options are out there. I will just check about 10 or so at a time and work on those.

I do understand the guidelines are as important than price. My market has a lot of smokers, ESRD patients, diabetics, ex-cons & dopers, and feel through the cracks people, that have now come to a place where they are better citizens and have a need and desire to at least be buried with dignity. Many kids of aging parents have approached me also. These are ready, willing, and able people, that need this service, so getting the right fit from any underwriting point of view is key.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks. The fact is know way I will try to get appointed with that many companies, but it's good to see so many options are out there. I will just check about 10 or so at a time and work on those.

I do understand the guidelines are as important than price. My market has a lot of smokers, ESRD patients, diabetics, ex-cons & dopers, and feel through the cracks people, that have now come to a place where they are better citizens and have a need and desire to at least be buried with dignity. Many kids of aging parents have approached me also. These are ready, willing, and able people, that need this service, so getting the right fit from any underwriting point of view is key.

Sounds like the FE market! Pick up RNA (decent rates/underwriting, great service), Americo (smokers), Lafayette Life (stricter underwriting, good rates), Monumental Life (crazies/COPD), 5 Star (good rates and fair underwriting if they get their sh*t together) and a GI carrier if you want that type of business. I would also suggest throwing a Glock 22 in your bag with all those ex cons and dopers! ;)

You sound like a methodical type. 10 is too many, do a search on the quote engine for ages 55,65,75, female, smoker and non smoker, level and graded benefit, find those consistently in the top 10 or 11 (pick all companies to compare), use that as a base to pick probably 3-4 to start with, then pick 2-3 IMOs with those companies to interview, pick one or two (some suggest not all contracts in one basket, others say become meaningful to one for good support) Ask the IMO about your selections and how to balance out the underwriting so you can competetively write most people you see. I am sure you will get some private messages.use the search function to get some feed back on the companies and IMOs to see how they look from another agents perspective. After you decide, get to really know them for at least 6 months before you add or switch, other than maybe a GI company. Then you will know what is really important to you in a company or IMO. Good Luck

Last edited:
Here's a list of the companies we rate. This is all of the big players and then some...

5 Star Life
American Amicable
American Continental (Aetna)
American Home Life
American Memorial
American National
Americo
Assurant
Assurity
Baltimore Life
Bankers Fidelity
Boston Mutual Life
CSA Life
CSI Life
Christian Fidelity
Colorado Bankers
Columbian Life
Columbian New Century
Degree Of Honor
EMC Life
Equitable Life
Family Benefit
Federal Life
Fidelity Life
Foresters
Forethought Life
GPM Life
Gerber Life
Gleaner Life
Guarantee Trust Life
ING ReliaStar
Illinois Mutual
KSKJ Life
Kemper Life
Lafayette Life
Liberty Bankers Life
LifeShield
Madison National
Medico
Monumental Life
Motorists Life
Mutual Of Omaha
National Slovak
New Era Life
North Coast Life
Oxford Life
Philadelphia American
Phoenix Life
Royal Arcanum
Royal Neighbors
Sagicor
Security National
Securus Solutions
Sentinel Life
Settlers Life
Standard Life (UT)
Standard Life and Casualty (TX)
Sterling Life
Surebridge Life
Texas Life
Transamerica
Trinity Life
UCT Life
UNLI
United American
United Heritage
United Home Life
United Security
Value Life
Vantis Life
Washington National
William Penn

What's the top three companies out here and why.

top 3 for price orbilling options or underwriting or easy to work with or commissions or ? Its not like buying consumer reports to tell you which dishwasher to buy your wife for Christmas

Back