Need Recommendation for Web-based Insurance Sales

Alhambra

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hi,

I've been looking to create a web site to sell insurance on-line.

During the course of my research I've found templates on E-bay, individual web masters, hosting companies, and a host of other on-line presence sources with non too sincere, effective, or too appealing, so far.

What I'm looking for is automated shopping cart taking clients order and submit applications in real time on-line for immediate bindings to different participating insurance companies. The site must be a turnkey web based business on the WWW and only be required to promote the site and create traffic to make money. Would this be possible?

I can provide a decent budget for a professional designer to develop this site. I would however like to see samples of actual working sites that been already designed and making money for the site owners.

;)

2 major problems:
1. a shopping cart will not work for insurance sales because of varying rates.
2. very few insurance companies would allow you to bind coverage like that.

What lines of insurance are you selling?
Also, how do you plan on competing in this market? Web-based insurance sales are so successful that GEICO has hired agents to open local offices.

If insurance could successfully be sold by having a website, insurance carriers would not pay agents. Doesn't mean it can't be done, but it definitely takes some creativity and a lot of work.

Dan

Keep in mind these small details about ehealthinsurance.com:

• They raised $54 million in venture capital from some of the most powerful venture capital firms in Silicon Valley (see these press releases)
  • Since raising all that cash, they have gone public and now have a market cap of about $270 million.
  • Their estimated annual pay-per-click budget is about $6.9 million.
  • They rank #1 for a phrase that gets over 6 million searches a month, "health insurance" on Google.
  • They drive traffic from 14,000+ other organic search phrases (talk about a long tail!)

Are you sure you are ready to mimic/compete with these guys?
:)

Aaron

Last edited:
...and they have to be getting KILLED with comp reductions. Remember the Ehealth is basically a large MGA that earns commissions off policies approved.

I wonder what their financials will be like for 2011.

Keep in mind these small details about ehealthinsurance.com:

• They raised $54 million in venture capital from some of the most powerful venture capital firms in Silicon Valley (see these press releases)
  • Since raising all that cash, they have gone public and now have a market cap of about $270 million.
  • Their estimated annual pay-per-click budget is about $6.9 million.
  • They rank #1 for a phrase that gets over 6 million searches a month, "health insurance" on Google.
  • They drive traffic from 14,000+ other organic search phrases (talk about a long tail!)

Are you sure you are ready to mimic/compete with these guys?
:)

Aaron
NOTE: Health Insurance only gets around 135K searches a month on Google.com...

Original poster, your best bet is to get a website with Agent Methods.

If I recall correctly you were trying to build a community website a year ago, did you ever get that off the ground?

Back