Need Referral to Pet Insurance Carrier

judithlou

Hello,
We are a CA brokerage and want to get names & contact info of any carriers that are selling pet insurance through licensed CA brokers. If anyone has such a referral, please reply.
thank you.

Is this really an insurance product? Are these companies regulated and registered with each state?

Do any of us with licenses want to get involved it they are not?

One place I always look for markets is at the Insurance Journal website. Try it out.

It is a great resource for agents.

In Calif. I'm told you must have a P&C license to sell pet insurance. I don't know for sure. Does anyone?

The Jackass

I have had a lot of clients ask me in the past about pet insurance. I looked up the licensing requirements in Virginia and they only require a Limited P&C License. So no exam and just $15 or $30 for the license to add on to your Life & Annuities, and Health. This is the same requirement in Virginia for someone selling Legal Service Plans or Auto Club Memberships, just the limited P&C license. Not sure if all the other states require a full blown P&C or not.

After researching VPI they are actively seeking agents but they have 2 criteria. One is having the P&C license. The 2nd one is they want you to have active groups of 1000 or more. I have a friend who is a comp and benefits manager at a large company 5000 plus and they have pet insurance as an optional employee paid benefit. So it looks like these companies are seeking only P&C agents with huge groups.

P&C always has seemed like a strange animal to me. Pun intended.

Back