Need Some Advice besides cold calling

asianguy86

Hey everyone,

I am a newly licensed agent and would like to start by cold calling small businesses and individuals. Would anyone here care to give some advice to a newbie? Also, what other ways of marketing besides cold calling if I don't want to bother family and friends?

Thanks

Re: Need Some Advice

One place you should check out is
goatproducer.com

This place gives me great service, they take care of all my
paperwork, and technology tools are all in one place.
Gives me more time to sell.

If you sell life insurance this will certainly decrease your learning curve.

D.T.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am a newly licensed agent and would like to start by cold calling small businesses and individuals. Would anyone here care to give some advice to a newbie?

Do some marketing. Search the threads here, there's tons of good, effective ideas. Just about anything is better, and more effective, than cold calling.

Do some marketing. Search the threads here, there's tons of good, effective ideas. Just about anything is better, and more effective, than cold calling.

You may very well be right. However, I have built a very good book of business doing my own telemarketing/cold calling. It has proven to be the most productive, cost effective, easiest way I have tried to sell insurance.

I only work the senior market and I sense that prospecting is much easier in the senior market than it is trying to sell "underage" (people below the age of 65) health and or life insurance.

The way I do it almost makes me feel guilty when I read posts by agents who are spending thousands of dollars each year buying "leads" and or paying telemarketers. I haven't spent any money purchasing "leads" for at least the last seven years.

Been there, done that but was spending so much money buying "leads" and "prospecting" that I couldn't afford the t-shirt. Now I have a whole drawer in my dresser full of t-shirts.

Medicare Supplements are my main thrust.

PS One can ask two agents about the best way to prospect and be guaranteed to get at least three "best" ways to do it.

I will be selling health insurance in PA. I don't know if I should telemarket with cheap leads from goleads.com or exclusive leads from places such as prospect zone etc...

Frank, where do you get the senior leads from?

I buy lists of people between the ages of 67 and 78, income starting at $12,000 per year, pick up the phone and give them a call. I have developed an approach on the phone that has been working very well for me.

The main piece of information I want from the initial phone call is who they currently have their insurance with. If that is all I get it has been a very successful phone conversation for me.

Every contact goes in my prospects database. When I hear one of the Med Supp companies has an increase, I print a list of everyone who has their Med Supp insurance with that company and give them a call. More often than not it results in a sale.

It is really very easy, nothing complicated and doesn't take half the commission an agents makes. I put ALL my commission dollars in the bank. My ROI has to be in the 90% range although I have never bothered to check it. Too busy counting my money. :D

Well, I need to find leads like this in my part of Tennessee. What company do you get the Med Supp from? Thank you Frank for your speedy reply.

Well, I need to find leads like this in my part of Tennessee. What company do you get the Med Supp from? Thank you Frank for your speedy reply.

I buy my lists from Lead Concepts. Sorry I don't have the IP address handy.

However, if you would like to give me a call in the morning I will be happy to share with you how I go about calling and setting up appointments. I always have time to help other agents.

I'm in Central time and mornings are best for me but you can call anytime. If I'm out please leave a voice mail.

It's all about what one says and the timing used to say it. It's not magic but it is a tried and true method that has served me well over the years.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Back