Need some advice thanks in advance

Quette marion

Here's the problem i started my policy with my checking account on 12/1 at 11am was headed to grocery store later that day but was in a non at fault accident the other party didn't have enough coverage so when i went to my company for the under/un insurance motorists portion of my policy my company say that my policy was cancelled afterwards for non payment am I covered and my effective date was 12/1 and the

Normally it would be OK but since I was banged up pretty bad that by the time the car was totaled and I was being rehabilitated from the accident o didn't realize that my checking situation happened..... What I can say is that I had a policy on 12/1 and but about 12/13 it canceled... Just wondering if I was covered during the 12/1 to 12/12

I had to re-read your first post. I didn't catch it at the first reading but are you saying that you were in the accident the same day you took out the policy?

What does the insurance company say about covering you for that day?

You also need to answer my questions when I ask them.

Did you, or did you not, get written notice of cancellation for non-payment?

Yes I did take it out the same day hours before the accident and the effective date is 12/1 on the policy and to your question after received a letter of cancelation around the 11th but was unaware due to injuries from the accident appointments etc so I noticed at the end of December that the letter came 12/11-12/13

OK.

Then you should be covered for 12/1 (the date of the accident).

Have you filed your claim with your claim department? There should be a toll free phone number for claims in your insurance papers. Make sure you keep all your insurance papers.

You'll be assigned a claim number and a claim rep. Keep copies of anything you send in.

I suggest you get yourself your own copy of the police report.

Feel free to come back to this thread if you have any questions.

Just a thought but did the initial down payment bounce? If so, wouldn't the policy be voided?

I understand the legalities of notification of cancellation but if there is no down payment, there is no consideration.

Just a thought but did the initial down payment bounce? If so, wouldn't the policy be voided?

Good question.

The statute addresses that in:

(d.1) The notice requirements of this Code section shall not apply in any case where a binder or contract of insurance is void ab initio for failure of consideration.

Let's see if the poster comes back with additional details.

Back