Need some avice for MAPD / Mortgage Protection Insurance Sales

Jman

I recently got my license as a Life & Health producer here in Rhode Island. I have two opportunities where as I could sell Medicare Advantage Plans or Mortgage Protection policies. The company that wants me to sell the MAPD plans will provide me with five appointments per day (so they say) and pay me $100 per app. No lead cost for the appointments. The company that I can work for selling the MPI product will pay me 95% commission and I pay for my own leads, using their contact lead generating vendors.

I am coming out of the mortgage business and am leaning towards the MPI insurance sales vs MAPD product.

Any input would be great -

John

Hey thanks for the information -

I am new to this but am learning quick. As one member posted "rule #1, don't trust anyone in this business".

I'm just looking to make a good home for myself in this new career choice. Seems that I'm going to focus on the Mortgage Protection side since I have hundreds of past clients and that I am familiar with the same lead generating practices.

Thanks again
John

Always put it in perspective: $100 / sale, 5 appts a day (yeah, don't count on it), close 2 of the 5, means you make $200 a day, or a $1000 a week. Not that great, and that's assuming you sell 2 of 5, which might be high if your not setting them.

Mortgage protection for me is a tough sale, so, I personally wouldn't go that way either, but some do very well with it, and it matches your background better. Out of the 2, you are probably better off going this way.

Dan

Call Leadmasters in Simi California, you can sell a bunch of different companies including AIg, Genworth, West Coast, get 100% contract, but you have to pay for the mailers, 1000 for $500. PM me if you want more info. Hope this recommendation didn't violate any rules, I just have used them in the past and they are straight shooters.

1000 for $500 - this sounds high $.50 per mailer. Are these full page large mailers - even large post cards bulk rate are not that high.

Can you sell any of this over the phone or only across the kitchen table?

Both of these specific genres of insurance sales have managers who are recruiting heavily. Go to a company that is not necessarily recruiting heavily, but is looking for quality, career- oriented people.

Thanks for all the feedback - this forum is a great place to be a part of.

John

Hello everyone! I am new to the board . Any suggestions on how to grow your business? Where are good leads available? What is easier to sell life or health?

Gary

Back