Need Some Guidance

HCGMN

Hi everyone, I am a total newbie to the insurance world. I have worked commission based jobs before but never insurance. There have been alot of different sorts of opportunities I have seen but there is one that I would like to ask about.

I got a call from the Brubaker group about selling mortgage insurance. I received an email today that was a little confusing and I will post it here

Per our discussion, please see attached.

Also, here are links to our Independent Marketing Organization (IMO), our company web site, and our main licensing vendor

FamilyFirstLife dot com- (IMO, provides our back-end support)

Brubakercofinancial dot com Brubaker Co. Financial Network USA - Home

prelicense dot com- Insurance License Online Training

So to me it looks like Family First Life and the Brubaker group are selling the same thing?

Is that normal? also is paying for your license up front normal as well? or is that something the company you would be working with would pay?

Also what are the general thoughts or opinions on the two companies listed here? and mortgage insurance in general

I appreciate in advance any help you might be willing to give including any advice on selling insurance in general. also sorry for spelling out the links but as a new poster I am not allowed to include links in my post

Thank You

Don't try to be everything to everyone, it is good to focus and specialize. Mortgage insurance is just that. Keep in mind that most of your prospects will be working 9-5, which means you will be working nights and weekends.

Thanks for info. The person also said that working a couple of days a week part time I could make 35-45k a year. That doesn't sound right to me but what do you think?

Thanks for info. The person also said that working a couple of days a week part time I could make 35-45k a year. That doesn't sound right to me but what do you think?

This is possible, but unlikely. Maybe 1 in 100, but possible.

Edit:
This type of income p/t after 3-5 years is very possible.

Last edited:
I work with National Senior Insurance and they are wonderful! They provide leads, training, marketing and process business! I think they are amazing!

I understand....I have been with companies that really has put me out to dry... I found some really great support

Back