Need Some Help (individual Health)

kamp

Guru
100+ Post Club
I don't do a whole lot of individual health any longer but constantly run into people who need it and are generally healthy but I swear nearly all the people I talk to are denied because of things like joint pain and RA, sleep apnea etc..

Are there any companies that have less stringent underwriting guidelines for true individual health insurance or are they all pretty much the same? (UHC, Anthem, Aetna, Cigna etc..)

Thanks for any guidance.

Mike

regardless of the comments you get here the truth of the matter is with just a short few months left for underwritten biz the carriers are only looking for the best of the best.underwriting is like threading a neddle right now

Ok, I understand that...but what about for states like Missouri that have opted out of abiding by Obamacare?

Man, it is very tough. I know it's only a few months before some of these actions are taking place but I've been experiencing this for a few years now. It's always something..something so small.

Our job as field underwriters has pretty much been thrown out the window.

I just had a guy a few months ago denied because he had a bulging disc 12 years ago with no further problems or PT or anything.

It's insane.

EDIT: I guess it doesn't matter what states are opting out because they are doing business in basically all 50 states so it's going to spread to pretty much everyone. Wonder what commissions will look like for these health insurance products/exchanges too..

Ok, I understand that...but what about for states like Missouri that have opted out of abiding by Obamacare?

Man, it is very tough. I know it's only a few months before some of these actions are taking place but I've been experiencing this for a few years now. It's always something..something so small.

Our job as field underwriters has pretty much been thrown out the window.

I just had a guy a few months ago denied because he had a bulging disc 12 years ago with no further problems or PT or anything.

It's insane.

EDIT: I guess it doesn't matter what states are opting out because they are doing business in basically all 50 states so it's going to spread to pretty much everyone. Wonder what commissions will look like for these health insurance products/exchanges too..

there is no opting out

You can't opt out in a dicatorship.

Missouri passed their own law that they don't have to follow the dictator's rules.

Assurant health, in my experience, has the most lenient underwriting.

AARP Aetna also is very lenient for those over age 50. But only a special few brokers can sell that product.

Write a short term MM to bridge the gap to dictatorville

Yes...Aetna is lenient, but I've also had good luck with Golden Rule with a customer that got declined with Fibromyalgia.

In Indiana we are going to opt out and just form our own country.

Once we do that we may just declare war on Illinois. Or we may just jump the border and take all their jobs. We're not sure yet the plan is not fully hatched.

Back