need supplement carrier for retired military under 65

maryjd123

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
wyoming
as you know we are retiring and we need a supplement for tricare -- i need a company that will pay the part tricare won't -- does anyone have any suggestions? --i would like to contract with the company as well-- i know alot of retiring military..
he is 38 -- i know that we have to get this coverage 30 days before retirement.

thanks in advance

I am not aware of any specific policies to supplement Tricare. Given how comprehensive the coverage is, and the low OOP, I can't imagine why anyone would pay premiums for such coverage.

If you really wanted, you can always pick up a HIP or lump sum CI plan.

Agreed. Tricare is great and overall the plan is loaded with benefits. there are a few things I don't like about the limitations, but you cannot beat the cost. Make sure you opt for the Prime and not the Standard.....

Agreed. Tricare is great and overall the plan is loaded with benefits. there are a few things I don't like about the limitations, but you cannot beat the cost. Make sure you opt for the Prime and not the Standard.....

no of course we cannot beat the cost -- but we are not interested in going to the VA hospitals -- because of my husbands surgerys we have to go the the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio -- i know of one supplement that is underwritten by New York Life -- I was just checking to see if there were anymore out here..
thanks for you replies;)

I had no idea NYL was in the health insurance business. When did that happen? They are (were) such a staid, old line NY company that sold life and nothing else.

And when did they start brokering? They are (were) a career shop.

According to their site they do allow their agents to write health insurance thru . . .

Individual Health
Individual health products are available through Golden Rule, John Alden and Humana Insurance Company. Products include traditional medical, preferred provider, co-pay, short term medical, Medicare supplement and high deductible medical plans that qualify for health savings accounts (HSAs).

Last edited:
Back