Need to Step in with Both Feet but Have a Few Questions

Hi folks,

I signed up here way back in 08 when I started with Aflac. Reasoning I went that route was my recent move to NC and no contact (200) list. I did a lot of business door knocking and did pretty well but it was a short time period. We moved back to calif in 09 and did loan modifications.

In 2013 a good friend of mine was ripping the cover off the ball doing FE and took me on a few ride alongside so I came aboard. It was with Lincoln Heritage and we never set appointments, just took the leads and cold knocked and got in. We went to Vegas for a week and wrote quite a few folks but within a week or two about 3/4 fell out. A month later I got sick and was diagnosed with dermatomyosites and have been sidelined until now.

I actually like helping seniors that are financial challenged but the chargebacks and trying to outrun the crap i feel would burn me out eventually.

I was thinking LTC as I took care of my mom for 5 years as she had dementia and didn't plan for that. So the question is what do I want to target? Maybe it's better saying what I don't want to do and that is, Med supplements, health. Everything else I'm open to. I don't have a list of people and I'm not afraid of cold calling, starting fresh. Selling your friends and family isn't going to make you successful.

I'm on SS disabilty and even when I start earning I have the 9 month trial period where I still get my SS money. This will help me get going without the financial stress.

I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand, just guidance and a plan to succeed, I can apply the actions.

I know sooner or later I'll want to be independent but in the beginning a captive may be better? I've also thought about the PC route which prior was never a consideration. Maybe because I feel it's more stable if that's even possible in sales lol

My prior experience was 20 years in the auto business from service to sales. Starting at the bottom and leaving as a gsm
I've rambled enough

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Hi folks,

I signed up here way back in 08 when I started with Aflac. Reasoning I went that route was my recent move to NC and no contact (200) list. I did a lot of business door knocking and did pretty well but it was a short time period. We moved back to calif in 09 and did loan modifications.

In 2013 a good friend of mine was ripping the cover off the ball doing FE and took me on a few ride alongside so I came aboard. It was with Lincoln Heritage and we never set appointments, just took the leads and cold knocked and got in. We went to Vegas for a week and wrote quite a few folks but within a week or two about 3/4 fell out. A month later I got sick and was diagnosed with dermatomyosites and have been sidelined until now.

I actually like helping seniors that are financial challenged but the chargebacks and trying to outrun the crap i feel would burn me out eventually.

I was thinking LTC as I took care of my mom for 5 years as she had dementia and didn't plan for that. So the question is what do I want to target? Maybe it's better saying what I don't want to do and that is, Med supplements, health. Everything else I'm open to. I don't have a list of people and I'm not afraid of cold calling, starting fresh. Selling your friends and family isn't going to make you successful.

I'm on SS disabilty and even when I start earning I have the 9 month trial period where I still get my SS money. This will help me get going without the financial stress.

I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand, just guidance and a plan to succeed, I can apply the actions.

I know sooner or later I'll want to be independent but in the beginning a captive may be better? I've also thought about the PC route which prior was never a consideration. Maybe because I feel it's more stable if that's even possible in sales lol

My prior experience was 20 years in the auto business from service to sales. Starting at the bottom and leaving as a gsm
I've rambled enough

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

You already have experience in FE, I'd go with that. Just stay away from LH and you'll have better persistency. There are several good IMO's on the Forum, I'm sure you'll be contacted soon. Beware of the one's that won't talk in the open.

Good luck!

My friend is doing FE with Onelife

You already have experience in FE, I'd go with that. Just stay away from LH and you'll have better persistency. There are several good IMO's on the Forum, I'm sure you'll be contacted soon. Beware of the one's that won't talk in the open.

Good luck!

My friend is doing FE with Onelife

I swear those guys are shadier than a Bankers Life agent.

You need to find a good independent IMO to work with. Make sure you buy leads every week and run with it.

I agree with investing/buying leads. I don't have a lot of descretionary income to spend a lot on leads but will do all I can.

Thanks for the advice

I swear those guys are shadier than a Bankers Life agent.

You need to find a good independent IMO to work with. Make sure you buy leads every week and run with it.

Makes sense. Spanish is popular here in Ca. I'm just hesitant to jump back (was short lived)doing FE? My friend that's doinf FE now with Onelife was doing $25k a month with LH until he was tired of geting jacked by them and OLA recruited him to be a regional. Free leads but they give out old B leads but he's telling me I'll get A leads? Isn't the key in FE to build a big down line?

A good Spanish speaking FE guy could stay busy with lead splits till they had a stake to buy their own.

Back