Needs Analysis from Med Supps to Final Expense

Great job. I believe in being completely straight up. It tends to save a lot of time and eliminates the people I don't want to deal with. To each their own. I would not be able to sit and act like a professional visitor but some people don't mind that.

Professional visitor? Yeah ok. Go sell some ice to an Eskimo champ.

Anyone here have a good needs analysis sheet to help pivot from a Medicare Supplement sales to final expense (or other dental/vision/cancer/hospital indemnity plans)?
Anyone have any good transitional phrases, after a Medigap appointment (if they don't buy)?
Up until now I haven't really tried to cross-sell someone that didn't take a medicare supplement app due to; early shopping before IEP, having an MA plan, or not sure what they sent away the card to begin with and I would like to leverage my time while I am there on the appointment.
Appreciate any contributions!

I personally hate needs analysis forms, I'm of the opinion is that one of the best things any agent can do is become proficient with a legal pad and calculator.

I ask questions not to paint my clients in a corner, but to learn more about them, their background, concerns etc..

Where did you work? What type of policies did you have when you were working? Did you get to keep any of them when you retired? How did you end of with XYZ Medicare plan? Did they give you a pension? Will the payments go to your spouse when you die? Did they offer a "cash" retirement plan? Did you let it sit there or take it somewhere else? Are you drawing money out now? Etc..

----------

I find it ridiculous that people in sales are always trying to convince people they are not trying to sell anything. If I let someone know I'm going to try and earn their business and they scoff at me I'll leave and save myself an hour of presentation, rapport and rebuttals. I'd rather hit happy hour early than try and talk someone into buying something when there is no chance they are going to.

But if you leave early wouldn't that mean that you weren't trying to sell them anything? That's ridiculous! :)

I personally hate needs analysis forms, I'm of the opinion is that one of the best things any agent can do is become proficient with a legal pad and calculator. I ask questions not to paint my clients in a corner, but to learn more about them, their background, concerns etc.. Where did you work? What type of policies did you have when you were working? Did you get to keep any of them when you retired? How did you end of with XYZ Medicare plan? Did they give you a pension? Will the payments go to your spouse when you die? Did they offer a "cash" retirement plan? Did you let it sit there or take it somewhere else? Are you drawing money out now? Etc..

What he said. ^^^ That's the best way. I can understand brand new agents needing a guide sheet. But once you know what information you need to qualify people nothing beats a yellow pad and a conversation where you ask the questions you need to know.

asking if they're paying too much for their life insurance seems like a terrible way to put it.

Worked for me when I did it. Doesn't matter what the product, everyone always thinks they are paying too much for insurance.

Do what feels good.

nothing beats a yellow pad and a conversation where you ask the questions

That has served me well for over 35 years. When I got away from the canned script and fact finding forms my sales increased exponentially.

Worked for me when I did it. Doesn't matter what the product, everyone always thinks they are paying too much for insurance. Do what feels good. That has served me well for over 35 years. When I got away from the canned script and fact finding forms my sales increased exponentially.

Right. I don't have experience putting it that way. It just seemed like a bad way to put it. But whatever works.

Back