Netquote Anyone

somebody mention hometown quotes???? what a joke, read this email i just sent them:

check that... now im up to 15 spam mesg.... look here is where i will start the posting on the mesg boards: http://www.insurance-forums.net/
----- Original Message ----- From: Charles F. Peeler Jr.
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:25 PM
Subject: spam spam spam

i am an agent with 15 years of health insurance experience... i am looking for the best leads in texas, that give me the chance to produce hassle free.... i entered in a dummy quote with a correct email address into an unused email address i have and upon hitting submit have gotten atleast 7 spam offers from other non insurance related companies... what a joke... let me spell it again... j. o. k. e. i will spread the word to every agent on evey message board i am on... piss off

charles peeler

Peeler -

Suggest you send that to Paul Cioffo ([email protected]). That seems more like an affiliate issue than anything.

They have some rogue affiliates that are putting up crap sites to draw in leads. I have had quite a few conversations with them about the declining quality and they are working to clean it up.

They have a more liberal credit policy than anyone.

I tried netquote with little success, however my experience has been the same with other firms when buying health leads. Because the leads are relatively cheap, lots of people are buying them, even non insurance related firms for various reasons. I have much better success buying life leads, my ROI is much better and I don't have to phone as many people and talk with folks that are mad because they weren't prepared for the onslaught of phone calls, most from out of state.

what kind of case did you lose....life or health.....

Health. Family of 6 (2 smoking adults). Aetna was their best option. I emailed them and left a message the day I received the lead. They mentioned they hit the "apply" button on the "screen" that was given to them by the lead company.

I explained that I was offering the same thing and they could have a local agent at no cost. So I sent them a hard copy and we'll tak about the agent of record letter next week.

I hate when that happens.

Health. Family of 6 (2 smoking adults). Aetna was their best option. I emailed them and left a message the day I received the lead. They mentioned they hit the "apply" button on the "screen" that was given to them by the lead company.

I explained that I was offering the same thing and they could have a local agent at no cost. So I sent them a hard copy and we'll tak about the agent of record letter next week.

I hate when that happens.

In that situation you find out what plan they applied for make sure it is good....if not you can tell them we can change to the right plan....even look at putting the smoking adults on aetna (hsa) and the kids on a co~pay plan some were else to lower prem....but more important it is not just buying a health plan because you are going to look at this year after year.......you are hiring an insurance broker to look after your best interest year after year and help get your claims paid down the line...the person at Netquote will not do this....also I will look at what you are doing with life insurance ,disability and other options you might need down the line......SOOOOOO....fax me a letter stating you want me to be your agent and I will track this and make sure we get a contract that is in your best interest.....(but that is why I do not buy leads from a company that also sells the same lead I am buying....and able to turn your leads on and off and able to work evenings and weekends....thats when I take my leads...)

sti - when you say "turn leads on & off", do you mean that you use a service that allows you to do that in the course of a day? or do you have to set the service for "vacation"? I'd like to know what service you use if they do allow you to turn it off & on in the course of a day.

Back