Networking with Realtors, Tax Professionals

kweening

I would like to ramp up my Realtor and Tax Professional connections through linkedin and fb. Could any of you give an example of what an introduction email would be? What would be best way to create an offer that appeals to them?

Face to face meetings would give you better results. I get these offers once a week because I am listed on the IRS database. They are usually horrible. They don't know I am RIA who sells life insurance.

I can't imagine any realtor declining a face to face networking meeting during the day time. Tax professionals are different. Some are not into networking, some really treat this as a part time income. But you can build good partners with some of them. Best way, ask who your clients use for their taxes and call them saying You received their number from their client.

Can anyone give an example of an introduction email/letter that they would sent to a realtor or broker to network with them for mortgage protection?

I'm going to second Walthammy.

I haven't cared to join linkedin, if I did, i would suspect there are a lot of emails of the type you are proposing and I think I would be quite likely to ditch most of them unopened, unread.

I would think effective networking would be just like effective sales, it needs to be face to face. An email (imo) is not going to make you anybody's go to Ins Agent. I think it will/would take your time and money to join some professional Realty, Accounting, Ins, Fraternal or Business organizations and develop personal acquaintances in that way. Involvement in a large church-say 1000 or more members could also get you a cascading set of relationships over time. (And those professional organizations are always in need of programs too.)

I would like to ramp up my Realtor and Tax Professional connections through linkedin and fb. Could any of you give an example of what an introduction email would be? What would be best way to create an offer that appeals to them?

Do you want to network nationwide? Locally?

LinkedIn and FB are two places to start. Check out Alignable as well. Join relevant groups on LinkedIn and post articles of interest to the group. Don't make sales pitches.

Local networking?

Look up your local CofC and find out if they do networking events. Find BNI (Business Networking International) chapters in your area. Many chapters are already loaded with several insurance people so you may not get in.
Don't join a BNI group. You don't have to.
Google BNI and you can find local chapters:

Find a BNI America Chapter | Business Networking Referral Organization Groups | Business Network International | BNI USA

Once you do this, you can see contact information for the members of that chapter. Pick out the realtors, tax professionals and any others you want to network with and contact them. Express an interest in networking. Get invited to attend a BNI meeting. BUT DON'T JOIN!

You will find narcissistic, clique-ish snobs at these events but there are also some who can truly help your business.

Good luck!

Thank you! I'm actually looking for a sample letter or email I could write to a potential realtor. I've connected with several on Linkedin and FB but don't really know how to offer my value proposition.

----------

----------

I'm licensed in 7 states so I can network in those states as well vs. locally. I haven't sold any mortgage protection over the phone but I'm doing pretty good selling life policies over the phone in a couple of those states that I'm licensed in. Just wanting to ramp up my networking game.

----------

---------

I would like to meet with them face to face, perhaps take them to breakfast or lunch, but just need a way to introduce myself and to ask for their time.

I don't have a sample letter or email that I can share but there are some talking points you should include:

Briefly describe who you are and what you do. How long have you been in insurance? Professional credentials? What products do you offer? etc., etc.

Ask how you could identify your clients and prospects who might need the services of a tax professional, realtor or whoever.

Ask for help. " How can I educate my clients, prospects, about what you do?" And also express how you can help them: "What are you looking for to generate more clients for your business?"

You can do this in a phone conversation, letter or email. Send the letter or email then follow up with a phone call. Offer to come to their office or pob. Talk about their favorite subject: Themselves and their business.

You need to word your communication in your own style with sincerity.

Hope that helps.

Nothing like taking advice from a failure such as the one above ^^^^....been in more MLM and pyramid schemes than all the kings of Egypt!

Back