Never before and I hope never again

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Having been knocking on doors for 47 years, I thought I had experieced about everything and would never encounter any thing new.. I was wrong.

This afternoon I door knocked a TM lead... When I puled into the drive way I noticed there were 5 or six cars there and a bunch of people were on the porch. I thought, "Well, they have company but I will introduce myself and make an appointment for later." As, I was getting out of the car, a huge German Shepherd came up and a man came down off the porch, telling me that he wouldn't bite.

I asked the man if he was Mr.J... and he said yes.. I introduced myself and I told him why I was there.. He was very friendly and nice.. I then asked if Wanda was his wife and he said she was.. I told him that she had spoke to one of the ladies on the phone and agreed to receive the information on the FE plans.. He asked, "When did they talk to her?" I told him it was a couple of days ago and then looked at the printrfd lead and told him it was on the 15th.. He looked a little startled and said, "They must have talked to her just before she committed suicide.. ".. The statement about knocked the breath out of me.. We talked for a while, I had prayer with him and left after telling him to let me know if I could do anything for him.

I have called on homes where someone has died a few days before but never had this happen before. I hope it never happens again..

Having been knocking on doors for 47 years, I thought I had experieced about everything and would never encounter any thing new.. I was wrong.

This afternoon I door knocked a TM lead... When I puled into the drive way I noticed there were 5 or six cars there and a bunch of people were on the porch. I thought, "Well, they have company but I will introduce myself and make an appointment for later." As, I was getting out of the car, a huge German Shepherd came up and a man came down off the porch, telling me that he wouldn't bite.

I asked the man if he was Mr.J... and he said yes.. I introduced myself and I told him why I was there.. He was very friendly and nice.. I then asked if Wanda was his wife and he said she was.. I told him that she had spoke to one of the ladies on the phone and agreed to receive the information on the FE plans.. He asked, "When did they talk to her?" I told him it was a couple of days ago and then looked at the printrfd lead and told him it was on the 15th.. He looked a little startled and said, "They must have talked to her just before she committed suicide.. ".. The statement about knocked the breath out of me.. We talked for a while, I had prayer with him and left after telling him to let me know if I could do anything for him.

I have called on homes where someone has died a few days before but never had this happen before. I hope it never happens again..

That would sure rock me back on my hills... a bit like the numb moments I have had over the years... You did a good thing when you prayed with him... there comes a point when the only answer is the ANSWER.

Wow! I've showed up for an appointment or two to learn that the person had died the night before. But I've never showed up to a suicide.

Wow! I've showed up for an appointment or two to learn that the person had died the night before. But I've never showed up to a suicide.

The longer we do this the more chance that we will get calls like that. I can think of two calls were the clients were checking on suicide clauses or wanting to add more coverage. One case I was able to get info to her daughter and as far as I know she is still alive. The other Ate his service weapon in his patrol car outside the cop shop. Both sad events.

The longer we do this the more chance that we will get calls like that. I can think of two calls were the clients were checking on suicide clauses or wanting to add more coverage. One case I was able to get info to her daughter and as far as I know she is still alive. The other Ate his service weapon in his patrol car outside the cop shop. Both sad events.
:sad:

I am thankful that I was unable to work the lead as soon as i got it.. Would have really hated to show later than evening or even the next day..

I visited a client not too long ago. Her car was there, but she didn't answer. I came back the next day, same thing. As I was leaving, a neighbor stopped me. He told me that he saw my car there the day before, soon after the found the woman in the back yard unconscious. The police were looking for a person fitting my description as they suspected foul play, by me perhaps.

I called the local police, turns out the woman had a stroke. I often will walk in the backyard if the car is there and no one answers. In this instance the backyard was wooded so I didn't.

Back