Never Before Heard this Customer Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speck

Guru
100+ Post Club
Had an appointment with a 62-year-old black female today. She informed me that she had no coverage currently because she had recently gotten into a financial bind and had to drop the coverage. So after asking health questions and looking at all her medications, I see that she is ok other than COPD. Since she is unsure of whether she wants to be cremated or have a full burial, I write down several coverage amounts starting with $3,000 going up to about $8,000. She takes one look at the figures and says, "I'm not interested in any of those coverages." I said, "What do you mean?" She says, "Show me some coverages that you would show white folks not these bull*$#@ amounts!" Again I say, "What exactly do you mean as I show these kinds of amounts to everyone?" She then tells me she wouldn't be interested in anything less than $50,000. I tell her that I could show those amounts but they wouldn't be affordable. She then sounds offended and asks how I know they wouldn't be affordable for her. I say that she just told me she had to drop coverage recently because of a financial bind. She says how do I know that she's going to be the one paying for coverage and then tells me to close my books and leave. I agree, close my books, thank her for her time but let her know that she wasted mine. As I'm headed down the steps of her apartment complex she follows me out and tells me I didn't have to be so rude........right. These folks get used to hearing pie in the sky term policy amounts from Globe & AARP I suppose, but that was a new response for me, lol.

I always quote one amount that is way out there. $200+ per month.... Followed by two or three other amounts that are my professional recommendation.

When $70 per month is right below $220, $70 looks more affordable. Every blue moon I'll write a monster policy too, but I shy away from them and talk the customers into a lower priced plan if I can.

Had an appointment with a 62-year-old black female today. She informed me that she had no coverage currently because she had recently gotten into a financial bind and had to drop the coverage. So after asking health questions and looking at all her medications, I see that she is ok other than COPD. Since she is unsure of whether she wants to be cremated or have a full burial, I write down several coverage amounts starting with $3,000 going up to about $8,000. She takes one look at the figures and says, "I'm not interested in any of those coverages." I said, "What do you mean?" She says, "Show me some coverages that you would show white folks not these bull*$#@ amounts!" Again I say, "What exactly do you mean as I show these kinds of amounts to everyone?" She then tells me she wouldn't be interested in anything less than $50,000. I tell her that I could show those amounts but they wouldn't be affordable. She then sounds offended and asks how I know they wouldn't be affordable for her. I say that she just told me she had to drop coverage recently because of a financial bind. She says how do I know that she's going to be the one paying for coverage and then tells me to close my books and leave. I agree, close my books, thank her for her time but let her know that she wasted mine. As I'm headed down the steps of her apartment complex she follows me out and tells me I didn't have to be so rude........right. These folks get used to hearing pie in the sky term policy amounts from Globe & AARP I suppose, but that was a new response for me, lol.

Send me her info and let me take a crack at her. My people like to show out sometime

I don't get stuff like that because I find their WHY before we discuss any of that.

No WHY in the beginning means I'm out of there in less than 5 minutes.

I probably wouldn't have sold her anything either but I wouldn't have been there long.

Why she gotta be black bro?

ohhhh lol, I have a feeling you were there a lot longer than I would have been. Next time just slowly turn your head away from her as you are getting up to leave and mumble "deadbeat":)

I get these types from time to time. They "think" those rates they see on the TV apply to them. Sadly, these people are hard to sale. They think we are cheating them. Sure, i will get a few of them by taking the time and educating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back