Never Discard a Lead

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
My Google Calendar is a data base for me. I never delete old appts off of it, and am consistently moving things to way in the future. If I ever need to look someone up I can just type in their name and it pops up.

But last year I had a lead come across me for Medicare, he was supposed to be T65 july last year, but it turned out the lead was wrong. He was T65 this July. I still talked to the guy for about 15 minutes or so, and he told me "go ahead a call me next year, and we'll do business." Sure enough, I put him on my calendar to call this year to call him. Sure enough, he remembered me, and I got a new client from a lead that is a year old.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. No matter what, I never discard contacts I make. If I build rapport with them, at some point down the road they may do business. When leads dry up a bit, it never hurts to call old contacts to see if their may be renewed interest.

I get a lot of these retiring at the end of the year next year yada yada, Yea some wont but over all these have a good close ratio

My Google Calendar is a data base for me. I never delete old appts off of it, and am consistently moving things to way in the future. If I ever need to look someone up I can just type in their name and it pops up.

But last year I had a lead come across me for Medicare, he was supposed to be T65 july last year, but it turned out the lead was wrong. He was T65 this July. I still talked to the guy for about 15 minutes or so, and he told me "go ahead a call me next year, and we'll do business." Sure enough, I put him on my calendar to call this year to call him. Sure enough, he remembered me, and I got a new client from a lead that is a year old.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened. No matter what, I never discard contacts I make. If I build rapport with them, at some point down the road they may do business. When leads dry up a bit, it never hurts to call old contacts to see if their may be renewed interest.

I use Google calendar the same way, and Ive done something similar to this several times for ppl aging in within the next 1 or so. One example was a FE lead I got in Feb of 2015, turns out she didnt need a policy, but I noticed she tuned 65 this yr in April, and asked her about Medicare & we talked about 5min on it...told her Id call her next yr.

I followed up with a SOC postcard with my contact info, put her on my calendar to call 6mos prior to her bday to touch base & warn her of all the mail she will start to receive, she remembered me. Then called her this yr in Jan, sure enough she had her Medicare card and was looking at diff plans, told me to drop by and signed her up.

Probably did something similar to this (or already on my calendar pending) at least 4-5 times in the last yr.

I use Google calendar the same way, and Ive done something similar to this several times for ppl aging in within the next 1 or so. One example was a FE lead I got in Feb of 2015, turns out she didnt need a policy, but I noticed she tuned 65 this yr in April, and asked her about Medicare & we talked about 5min on it...told her Id call her next yr.

I followed up with a SOC postcard with my contact info, put her on my calendar to call 6mos prior to her bday to touch base & warn her of all the mail she will start to receive, she remembered me. Then called her this yr in Jan, sure enough she had her Medicare card and was looking at diff plans, told me to drop by and signed her up.

Probably did something similar to this (or already on my calendar pending) at least 4-5 times in the last yr.

Awesome!
Exactly what to do, you're really taking off…glad we stole you from them evil FE parks!
:1cool:

Back