Never Doing this Again

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
Working with a MA prospect who lost EGHP and was going to wait until the very last month 8/1/14 of SEP part B window because they said they can't afford the 104.90 a month. When they told me they that I suspected they may qualify for a MSP to pay their premium and it turns out they do so I offered to fill out the paper application and fax it in to DCF. When I was filling out the form there is a question that ask what is cash value of any life insurance owned. Usually I ask them to go get their policy and I will look it up or I call the home office of life insurance to get cash value but I was in hurry that day so I took the clients offer that they would call the company and then call me the next day with the information .I did stress call the carrier directly not the agent.

Well her life insurance company offers top notch service because she told me they are sending 2 guys to her home Monday to personally deliver the cash values amounts ! I wasn't going to try to sell them life insurance so I don't care if they buy life insurance from these guys but I bet these cash value deliverymen are also going to try to sell him MA product as well. Never again will I let the client get this information on their own

Actually filling out that MSP application for clients has led to FE expense sales in the past - especially before the restrictions on cross selling.

What has compliance got to do with it?

CMS guidelines prohibit bait and switch techniques to get in the door to sell MA products .These people can't afford to pay the part B premium and they already have 15k WL that they took out over 10 years ago so there probably more commission to be made in this situation selling MA instead of additional FE.

Working with a MA prospect who lost EGHP and was going to wait until the very last month 8/1/14 of SEP part B window because they said they can't afford the 104.90 a month. When they told me they that I suspected they may qualify for a MSP to pay their premium and it turns out they do so I offered to fill out the paper application and fax it in to DCF. When I was filling out the form there is a question that ask what is cash value of any life insurance owned. Usually I ask them to go get their policy and I will look it up or I call the home office of life insurance to get cash value but I was in hurry that day so I took the clients offer that they would call the company and then call me the next day with the information .I did stress call the carrier directly not the agent. Well her life insurance company offers top notch service because she told me they are sending 2 guys to her home Monday to personally deliver the cash values amounts ! I wasn't going to try to sell them life insurance so I don't care if they buy life insurance from these guys but I bet these cash value deliverymen are also going to try to sell him MA product as well. Never again will I let the client get this information on their own Actually filling out that MSP application for clients has led to FE expense sales in the past - especially before the restrictions on cross selling.

Sounds like Bankers Life if two of them are coming.

CMS guidelines prohibit bait and switch techniques to get in the door to sell MA products .These people can't afford to pay the part B premium and they already have 15k WL that they took out over 10 years ago so there probably more commission to be made in this situation selling MA instead of additional FE.

I know! I just illustrated somethigk that Rick at TGP says, "humor doesn't come across in print". I was being jokingly scarcastic. I know plenty of agents that compliance will not stop. Specifically I was thinking about BLC that Newby references.

Sounds like Bankers Life if two of them are coming.
If so good chance they can't write the MA, so that could be in his favor.

I know! I just illustrated somethigk that Rick at TGP says, "humor doesn't come across in print". I was being jokingly scarcastic. I know plenty of agents that compliance will not stop. Specifically I was thinking about BLC that Newby references.
I know my sarcasmeter isn't very well calibrated and misses sarcasm when not accompanied by the winking smiley face emoticon, which I refuse to use so can't expect of others.

Last edited:
Working with a MA prospect who lost EGHP and was going to wait until the very last month 8/1/14 of SEP part B window because they said they can't afford the 104.90 a month. When they told me they that I suspected they may qualify for a MSP to pay their premium and it turns out they do so I offered to fill out the paper application and fax it in to DCF.

Do you fill out the MSP application in person, remotely, or sometimes both?

Is a person that qualifies for the SLMB & QI considered to be on medicaid (dual eligible, since it only covers part B, I assume no ? )

Or is the SLMB person considered on medicaid (dual eligible) ?

Thanks!

If so good chance they can't write the MA, so that could be in his favor.

I know my sarcasmeter isn't very well calibrated and misses sarcasm when not accompanied by the winking smiley face emoticon, which I refuse to use so can't expect of others.

I'm pretty sure Bankers Agents write Humana in our area.

Do you fill out the MSP application in person, remotely, or sometimes both?

Is a person that qualifies for the SLMB & QI considered to be on medicaid (dual eligible, since it only covers part B, I assume no ? )

Or is the SLMB person considered on medicaid (dual eligible) ?

Thanks!

Yes I usually fill it out in person. Sometimes it even helps me with setting the appointment on the phone if I tell the prospect I will do it as a service for them whether they take the insurance I am selling or not.I make it very clear that I am just a messenger when I tell them that based on the financial profile they have disclosed to me they should or might qualify and that I have no influence on whether they will be approved. However when you do this service for the low income / low information clientele they usually become long term loyal clients.

In Florida anyway everybody that qualifies for a MSP whether it's at the QMB level, SLMB level ,Q1 level etc are considered dual eligible and all will at least have their part B premium paid for by Florida Medicaid however only QMB are considered FULL DUAL ELIGIBLE and qualify for part B premium, Medicare A&B deductibles and the 20% to be covered by state Medicaid. The others levels( SLMB, Q1) are PARTIAL DUAL ELIGIBLE The full dual are the ones that most of the DE SNP MA plans are designed for however there are some MA SNP designed for partial Medicaid.

Back