Never judge a book by its cover

Rearden

Guru
5000 Post Club
64556211_864402590595249_8859610413080248320_o.jpg

Never judge a book by its cover.

This is a picture of a final expense prospect's home I visited a few weeks ago.

They live out on a dirt road up in the mountains in the backwoods of Sequatchie County, Tennessee.

His house is filthy. Junk strewn everywhere, and the floors are beginning to cave in.

Many of you unfamiliar to final expense would think this person is a DEADBEAT... or has exactly zero possibility of a sales opportunity.

Think again...
1f609.png
;)

I've written 6 policies in this house between him and his wife over the past 3 years for a total of around $3000 in premium paid each year.

Plus, both are very kind "country" people you'll find all across small town America that would do anything to help you out.

Moral of the story... learn not to make quick judgments on the people (or places) you're visiting to help with life insurance.

"Shutting your brain off" and simply thinking about RUNNING the appointment is all you need to do.

As Nick Frumkin says, "Be process-oriented, not results-oriented."

64556211_864402590595249_8859610413080248320_o.jpg

Never judge a book by its cover.

This is a picture of a final expense prospect's home I visited a few weeks ago.

They live out on a dirt road up in the mountains in the backwoods of Sequatchie County, Tennessee.

His house is filthy. Junk strewn everywhere, and the floors are beginning to cave in.

Many of you unfamiliar to final expense would think this person is a DEADBEAT... or has exactly zero possibility of a sales opportunity.

Think again...
1f609.png
;)

I've written 6 policies in this house between him and his wife over the past 3 years for a total of around $3000 in premium paid each year.

Plus, both are very kind "country" people you'll find all across small town America that would do anything to help you out.

Moral of the story... learn not to make quick judgments on the people (or places) you're visiting to help with life insurance.

"Shutting your brain off" and simply thinking about RUNNING the appointment is all you need to do.

Homes like that supported many debit agents for years.. Now, they are FE Gold for those that want to mine them.

That really is key - trust the process and the results will come. Assuming the activity level applied ot the process is sufficently high. A lot of FE conversations are now taking place on Facebook rather than the forum. One thing that is clear is there are many folks getting recruited to selling FE who have no idea how to work a full day. Anyhow, I'm heading out to be at my first door by 10 AM ... last knock no earlier than 6 PM. I think Tiom Winders had said that "activity equals apptivity."

This is so on point Dave! Thanks for sharing.

2 weeks ago, I door knocked 55 leads and got in front of 28 of them. Out of those 28 I sold 3 for only about $1600. As frustrated as I was, I knew that the dominoes would start to fall. Last week I took 15 leads and door knocked them. In 2 days I wrote 7 apps for around $6500. Nothing changed.

The only things you can truly control are attitude and activity. If these things are on point, it is very difficult to fail.

That really is key - trust the process and the results will come. Assuming the activity level applied ot the process is sufficently high. A lot of FE conversations are now taking place on Facebook rather than the forum. One thing that is clear is there are many folks getting recruited to selling FE who have no idea how to work a full day. Anyhow, I'm heading out to be at my first door by 10 AM ... last knock no earlier than 6 PM. I think Tiom Winders had said that "activity equals apptivity."
10AM to 6PM? When are you going to start working a full day? You should be startling no later than 6:00AM and work until at least 9:00PM... 6 days per week.. Go to church on Sunday morning and spend the afternoon doing your paper work.. That's the way I do it.. :nah:

The only things you can truly control are attitude and activity. If these things are on point, it is very difficult to fail.

Almost impossible to fail if those two are right.

10AM to 6PM? When are you going to start working a full day?

10 AM to 6 PM on the doors, Louis. 8 AM to 10 PM is my " Print and organize my Transamenedments, and 6 PM to 10 PM I go about the business of getting said amendments signed.

The house above is nice. My experience after 1000's of appts is people who live in filth and have 3 or more animals are bad bets to keep the policy. Sure every now and then you'll get a nugget and if you have the lead you'll still go after them . I never prejudge.

Back