New 19 year old Agent looking for guidance

I’m sorry you got those types of calls. Obviously someone not doing their job right. You can send those callers to me; even though I am new. USHA’s motto is helping other people everyday, H.O.P.E. I believe in the company with the #1 CEO and the best plans in the industry.

I’m sorry you got those types of calls. Obviously someone not doing their job right. You can send those callers to me; even though I am new. USHA’s motto is helping other people everyday, H.O.P.E. I believe in the company with the #1 CEO and the best plans in the industry.

No. I mean they were told they could actually see doctors and have decent coverage. It seems the company loves to tell people that they are choosing a Cigna PPO Plan. When I dig deeper I find out it’s a US health plan. I then inform them they do not have Cigna, but have access to one of Cigna’s networks. But it seems it must be a network specific for US health because the network is horrible. After that I let them know that their plan may cover low cost doctor visits but god forbid they actually need to really use the plan.
I don’t do any health under 65 but if I did, I value my license too much to offer US health.

No. I mean they were told they could actually see doctors and have decent coverage. It seems the company loves to tell people that they are choosing a Cigna PPO Plan. When I dig deeper I find out it’s a US health plan. I then inform them they do not have Cigna, but have access to one of Cigna’s networks. But it seems it must be a network specific for US health because the network is horrible. After that I let them know that their plan may cover low cost doctor visits but god forbid they actually need to really use the plan.
I don’t do any health under 65 but if I did, I value my license too much to offer US health.

I don’t agree with what you wrote about us, but I am not going to debate the value of a company that you would not be a good fit for anyway.

Not to be contrary, but I have a different recommendation that would help him get closer to his goals: Go work at a bank or credit union. You could even be an assistant to a financial advisor and learn the business that way. You could even be sponsored for your securities licenses as well (6, 63, 7, 65/66, etc.). During that time, you can also study for and earn industry designations. This can help with overcoming "age bias" that generally favors older people (and grey hair) over being young.

CUSO Financial Services is a credit union "service organization" that contracts their services to various credit unions. They are a VERY GOOD broker/dealer to be affiliated with. They have various positions - assistant positions - all over the country. It would be worth checking out. Your experience in selling insurance solutions would be compatible for such a position, but these aren't selling positions. Once you've got your "foot in the door", you can get your other licenses and find other opportunities.

https://cusonet.com/join-our-team/apply-now/

Alternatively, you could also get a job as a banker and eventually be sponsored for your licenses as well. It just depends on what's available to you to take advantage of these opportunities. But being a banker (and doing teller stuff on occasion) can be helpful for learning how to deal with people and their money - an emotional topic for almost everyone. If you're good with your sales numbers as a banker, you can eventually be sponsored for licenses or even transfer to the advisor division.

I've done all 3 - I was a banker, then I was a service manager, both at Wells Fargo Bank. When I left the bank to go to American Express Financial Advisors (now Ameriprise) to get my licenses (7 & 66), I left them quickly after learning more about them and became an assistant to a financial advisor in a credit union. It's a longer process, and you'll still want to get sales & marketing training... but it's not necessarily a bad way to go.

Probably the most useful thing I've read wasn't even fully aware banks used FA's. Would you recommend going independent ?

Back