New 2018 changes with Mass...

News on the grapevine is this summer, here will be the changes:
  • They're coming back with a higher (gender) priced long term care series 600 and they plan on competing with MOO.
  • They're coming out with a 25 and 30 year term policy, with conversion up to 20 years (current is 10 years and won't be grandfathered in).
  • Repricing their term policies to be around 10%-15% from the cheapest carrier on the market.
  • Repricing their UL policies to be around 10%-15% from the cheapest carrier on the market.

Good info Justin. I wonder if it has anything to do with Met sales force coming over.

I guess MassMutual is following Ohio National's lead on their term & UL pricing. 20 year conversion is practically unheard of, so that's nice.
What do you mean 20yr is practically unheard of? Not sure I'm following.

Most mutual companies seem to allow for conversions for the first 10 years, not necessarily longer than that. Mass was that way - assuming that these changes happen.

Ok, that is what I thought. Well I know ON and Penn and MTL allow for conversion during the full term, along with several others I work with that are non mutuals. I didn't know Mass wasn't that way.

Back