New Agency: Getting Appointments and E&O

I am joining a startup agency as a producer, we are now at the point of getting E&O and appointments with carriers. My understanding is that is impossible to get appointments with the big carriers unless you sign up with a "wholeseller" and the same is true regarding E&O. Can anybody give me some insight? Who are the best insurance wholesellers?
It's probably important to mention that we have no prior experience in this industry and no contacts!
Look forward to getting advice!
Thanks!
BlueStar1

Not all companies require E and O. I have ton of companies that do not require it.

United Home Life andAmerican Amicable are just two of my companies that do not require it.

National Ethics Bureau - Membership - Overview
This is the best simple deal I've found on e and o.

IF you email at [email protected] I will send you some stuff that may help you get started or give you some ideas or prospecting systems.

Will it cover court cost upfront or is it a reimbursement type of plan? Is there a monthly pay option?

Thaks for the great info guys! Can anybody offer anything regarding appointments? Is it really that difficult? Is it worth signing up with these insurance "wholesellers"? It seems like signing a contract with them is almost giving them your entire business...

Thaks for the great info guys! Can anybody offer anything regarding appointments? Is it really that difficult? Is it worth signing up with these insurance "wholesellers"? It seems like signing a contract with them is almost giving them your entire business...

Read the contracts and agreements carefully. Some IMOs will hold ownership of your business, but not all. If it's your name on the application, your name on the commission checks, your name on the renewals, and you keep it all if you get a release - then it's your business.

Don't assign your commissions. Don't restrict the products you can sell. Don't accept anything other than complete ownership of your business. Then you'll be fine!

Back