New Agency Opening

achinsurance

Hello. I will be opening an insurance agency on February 15th. My main focus right now is auto, home, and commercial insurance. I been trying to think of ways to advertise and market the new agency and get our name out there. Can anybody give me any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Well I have ideas. And we have done some already. And I have lots of clients already. But I want to get more out there. And it's independent agency. I have advertised in flyers, newspaper, and have done some cold calling already. My question is... What other ideas are there for someone asking for advice? Thank you.

Well I have ideas. And we have done some already. And I have lots of clients already. But I want to get more out there. And it's independent agency. I have advertised in flyers, newspaper, and have done some cold calling already. My question is... What other ideas are there for someone asking for advice? Thank you.
Join a referral network!

Traditional advertising has done very, very little for me. I've tried print ads, doing the ads on the shopping carts in the grocery store, etc., and I brought in 3 new clients in all of 2015 from those sort of ads. Once I finish my contract on the stupid shopping carts, I've sworn off all passive advertising. I've tried live transfer leads, and had some success from that but the ROI isn't high enough for me to continue with it. Best thing you can do is get a couple of referral partners, and work hard at making sure all you current clients know about any client-driven referral program you might have in place.

Traditional advertising has done very, very little for me. I've tried print ads, doing the ads on the shopping carts in the grocery store, etc., and I brought in 3 new clients in all of 2015 from those sort of ads. Once I finish my contract on the stupid shopping carts, I've sworn off all passive advertising. I've tried live transfer leads, and had some success from that but the ROI isn't high enough for me to continue with it. Best thing you can do is get a couple of referral partners, and work hard at making sure all you current clients know about any client-driven referral program you might have in place.
....... Yep.......

achinsurance, If you had developed a written marketing plan, you would have included various strategies for obtaining the type of business that your carriers expect from you. It is very surprising that you attracted carriers without such a plan.
You can get in touch with me through my website if you want me to provide you with some ideas.

Over the past year I have listened to podcasts from Jason Cass as well as Ryan Hanley. Jason's podcasts are on itunes and his website. Hanley is the Trusted Choice marketing guru. These guys have some marvelous ideas. Jason wrote a book last year that you can find on Amazon. I read it all without putting it down. There are tons of cutting edge marketing ideas on the podcasts and in his book.

Customer Service is just Foreplay is the book name. Hanley has a book too but I have not read it yet. It is called Content Warfare. Both are cheap on Kindle.

Gulliver

I 2nd Jason Cass. I am a grow program member and work with his team on a weekly basis.

It doesn't take genius to bring in leads it takes reviews, a referral network, a solid online image, and a customer experience unlike your competition.

If you don't have the skill to network effectively and build trust quickly you need to hire someone that can.

Find what product you do well and like to do and focus your attention to referral partners who are in front of motivated buyers. Example: if you want to do home insurance make sure you have a good carrier line up for home insurance and get to know mortgage brokers. If you want to write artisan contractors get to know general contractors.

Back