New Agent - Agencies to Join in California

MelvMelv

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for allowing me to join this forum. I'm very new to the industry, so appreciate any patience you can give and apologies if these answers have already been listed somewhere on this site. It's full of information and I'm still working through it all.

I am based in California. Prior to getting into insurance, I worked for 10 years in digital advertising. After 10 years, I started my own business. After a few years, I realize what I was good at but it didn't really fulfill me anymore and I wanted to make a change.

Being self employed and knowing how to deal with the pressures of selling and maintaining cash flow, I think I'd be a good fit for something that is 100% commission.

I first took out my own insurance (not relying on employers health, life and CI) when I was 19 years old. I bought my first piece of property at 20 and thought I needed to cover myself because of I was single and on my own. Luckily for me, I never had to use it (even though I did have an injury that took me out of work for a few weeks but was able to work remotely -- totally get that I got lucky there).

So I've been thinking about insurance for a few months and decided to go and meet with the people at Insphere Insurance in California.

I totally get that they want more agents and will sell you the moon. I don't care to make $800,000 within my first year (it'd be nice but unless it's realistic based on ethical hard work aka 40 hours of cold calling and meetings). I work crazy hours now with my own business, so thinking about working a 40 hour week seems like a dream! haha

For all the independent agents out there. Where is a good place to start? What agencies have the best multi-carrier access? Which agencies have good support, which a new agent can leverage? And who pays their people respectfully?

I asked for a commission break down and I haven't gotten it -- which makes me wonder why. I definitely don't want to commit before I know what my earnings potential is at the agency in comparison to others. I'm not in it to make it rich, though I'd like to make a good amount. I'm entering a different chapter in my life and need more flexibility.

Thanks

You have the luxury of only working 40 hours a week. That sure doesn't mean that you will be, at least bot until you build up your business

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Back