New Agent Confused about the “chain of command”

Jun 5, 2019

1. Leslie Carter

Leslie Carter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I am a new agent, got my license at the start of the year, did my AHIP ...lots of other certifications and training events...working towards the end goal of assisting with Medicare options. I am also interested in helping my community with their health insurance needs. So I finally started researching as I am reading the language on carrier contracts. It turns out I am an LOA which means my FSP will own my book of business unless we have a formal contract written up. We have an IMO that the FMO is attached too which means unless I become an FSP with the IMO I have no ties with the FMO if I was to ever part ways from my current company. This all seems very confusing and it seems like I might be ending up on the short end of the stick. Any opinions or advice? I am an educated, motivated, extroverted young woman who is really looking to build a solid career for herself.

2. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
    You should look at moving the contract to an FMO that does not ask you to assign commissions.

3. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I’m assuming you haven’t written anything yet so it’s easy. Move your contracts

Chazm, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Leslie Carter

Leslie Carter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Any preferred FMO’s? I’ve only found one local in the Kentucky area.

5. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
  6. Todd King

Todd King IMO/FMO Owner

State:
    Virginia
  7. bill3173

bill3173 Guru

State:
    North Carolina
    The Chain of Command is straightforward..Todd King and then down from there. It's in his name.