New agent here- if I don't start making money soon...

Hi all! I was laid off my regular job back about 6mos ago. I decided it was time to make a change so I decided to sell Medicare Advantage here in NYC. My sister who is in NJ began doing it a few months prior and began seeing success using FB Ads pretty quickly, so I decided to do the same. I found an upline and after about 2 months I did the online Life/Health insurance, passed the test and contracted to a bunch of insurance companies like Emblem, UHC, Wellcare, Aetna, Humana, etc. I put up my first ad on May 1st and since then I have made 2 sales. I am very frustrated. So far I have gotten over 200 leads in that time span but many were not qualified or had other issues that prevented them from switching. In the mean time, I have learned a lot and feel a lot more confident in my calls but have spent a lot of time helping people in with other things (like filling out medicaid applications, EPIC, LIS, etc). It has been nice to be able to help out but if it's not making me any money! I am hoping that all of this help will result in people becoming eligible for Dual plans or open a window so they can switch and it will come back to me but I'm not so sure anymore..

I have been going through some of the posts and I decided to sign up to Listshack and I am optimistic that it will have better results.

My question is, what is a good opening line for a cold call? I normally call my FB leads so I open by giving them my name and letting them know that I am reaching out due to their interest in my ad and then I take it from there..

Also, any tips for a brand new agent like myself? I have been focusing on the Spanish population since I speak Spanish and I think they are usually in more need of help than English speakers.

I will be honest and say that I have only been using FB and nothing more. I was hoping that this is something I can do from home most of the time. Home visits are totally find but I was hoping to avoid sitting by a table for hours on end somewhere. Maybe I'm delusional and I have to?

Thanks in advance!!

My sister who is in NJ began doing it a few months prior and began seeing success using FB Ads pretty quickly, so I decided to do the same.

Assuming you and your sister are on speaking terms, seems she would be the best resource to tap. How is she using FB to generate leads and what has she done to be successful?

FWIW, AEP starts in a few months. Giving up now doesn't seem like a good idea when everyone (or so it seems) will be looking to change plans.

During the training process I learned about Medicare supplements, however, I don't quite understand why someone would want to have Medigap over Medicare Advantage. Can you explain?

Well it depends. Medicare Supplements have the potential to have much less out of pocket exposure for people. For example Plan G.

NYC is a different animal when it comes to insurance and the way people market in other parts of the country. My advice would be either work Jersey with your sister or doing phone sales to other parts of the country.

Assuming you and your sister are on speaking terms, seems she would be the best resource to tap. How is she using FB to generate leads and what has she done to be successful?

FWIW, AEP starts in a few months. Giving up now doesn't seem like a good idea when everyone (or so it seems) will be looking to change plans.
I definitely do not want to give up and I am optimistic about AEP! My sister has been as helpful as possible but we're both kid of at a loss as to why she's doing so much better. If anything I expected to do even better given that NYC is so densely populated.

Back