New agent here- if I don't start making money soon...

NYC is a different animal when it comes to insurance and the way people market in other parts of the country. My advice would be either work Jersey with your sister or doing phone sales to other parts of the country.
I'm definitely starting to think its the city that's not cooperating with me. What would you say are the biggest hurdles? How can it be so different from Jersey?

If I try different states, I would have to apply for their license which isn't a big deal but would I have to retrain with all the insurance companies like I did the first time or do they carry over?

I'm definitely starting to think its the city that's not cooperating with me. What would you say are the biggest hurdles? How can it be so different from Jersey?

If I try different states, I would have to apply for their license which isn't a big deal but would I have to retrain with all the insurance companies like I did the first time or do they carry over?
It is New York State that is a different animal.

Many different variables: insurance regulations, company availabilities, the culture, more people means more agents.

To get by here you have to be a jack of all trades sometimes. Offering people something they want so you can sell them what they dont want to hear about or selling more than one product just to sell them something. That or you have to know people like have a good warm market.

Many different variables: insurance regulations, company availabilities, the culture, more people means more agents.

To get by here you have to be a jack of all trades sometimes. Offering people something they want so you can sell them what they dont want to hear about or selling more than one product just to sell them something. That or you have to know people like have a good warm market.
I definitely have heard that the competition is NYC is crazy.

Back