New agent here- if I don't start making money soon...

Also, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with my FMO. Once I was ready to sell, I didn't hear from him again. He hasn't checked in, in 2 months! I emailed hi last week and asked him about the vans the he parks on high trafficked areas and he sent me the schedule but with zero guidance as to how it works. I just want to go to try something new and hopefully meet other agents with more experience that I can learn from .

While I see where the FMO lacks in that particular email, don't expect the FMO to reach out to you periodically like you might want them to. Even though some do, it's really not their job...unless you are captive maybe. Be more proactive and reach out to them. That is what they are there for, but they don't have a crystal ball telling them when you need help.

Now, if you reach out and they are really no help, then start looking for another FMO.

There's a plan G?!

If you don't understand Med Supps, then there is no way you understand the entire Medicare market. This is the same thing that happened when Medicare Advantage plans came about. Organization (like Amerilife's captive side) that hired brand new agents to go out and sell just PDP's, or just MA plans. They didn't understand the market and were telling clients all kinds of things. This is because they were basically told to go and "sell, sell, sell, because this is the best thing out there"! The agents never bothered learning the other side of the fence (Med Supps) and were just putting anybody and everybody on MA Plans with no regard to their situation.

This is one of the reasons why we have all of the rules in place for MA Plans now. The agents were screwing over a lot of people and they didn't even know it. If you don't learn Supps, then you'll be doing the same thing.

I agree with Todd.. you shouldn't sell Medicare at all yet.

You can't explain how MA works and how it differs from a Med Supp. All that business will likely be gone by the time next AEP rolls around and/or you'll have a buttload of complaints and get blackballed.

You should be, at bare minimum, familiar with Medicare and You.

Personally, do FE. It's an easier product to explain and wise up on Medicare.

Ok She is a newby, With Newby mistakes, I think Bevo had the best advice take a week and research the forum ask questions

Its good buis not terribly hard to learn, Sound like she didn't have anyone lead her in the right direction

However, if she applies herself with direction here in this thread, There is no reason she should not be equipped to go and sell in a week or 2

When I worked for a broker office selling Maj med they got into MA plans for AEP time only, I learned a lot about MA, It was not till I went on my own that I learned more about med supps

IN NY there is no underwriting, easy to learn, Other states took a little longer due to underwriting but I learned a lot here

Ok She is a newby, With Newby mistakes, I think Bevo had the best advice take a week and research the forum ask questions

Its good buis not terribly hard to learn, Sound like she didn't have anyone lead her in the right direction

However, if she applies herself with direction here in this thread, There is no reason she should not be equipped to go and sell in a week or 2

When I worked for a broker office selling Maj med they got into MA plans for AEP time only, I learned a lot about MA, It was not till I went on my own that I learned more about med supps

IN NY there is no underwriting, easy to learn, Other states took a little longer due to underwriting but I learned a lot here

I thought NY was no underwriting and they can switch whenever.

I agree that she could get on her feet quickly if she takes the effort. I think currently, though, she shouldn't sell Medicare to anyone.

I thought NY was no underwriting and they can switch whenever.

I agree that she could get on her feet quickly if she takes the effort. I think currently, though, she shouldn't sell Medicare to anyone.

Yes NY No Underwriting, You can switch anytime, as long as you can get out of MA plan, With Epic (state pharm assistance, Earn up to 100K for a couple) it is easy too.

Back