New Agent Letter

afreeman

I am a new agent and I wanted to send out a letter to my family and friends just to let them know that I am now licensed but I can't think of a way to do this without sounding pushy or phoney. Any suggestions?

Don't let anyone tell you to sell your family and friends first.......big red flag.....

Stibroker,

I am very new and I already almost got caught up with NAA. Luckily a friend of mine who started with them before me warned me that they weren't the best company to go with. You have obvioulsy been around for a while. Can you give me some suggestions as to what companies are good solid companies and which ones to avoid?

You can say say something like this: "Dear Friends and family, I'm writing to you to inform you that I had a career change and wanted you to be aware of it. I have become an Insurance Agent with______. Please understand, I'm not soliciting for business, but if you know anyone who may be of use of my services, I would appreciate you considering me. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me. Sincerely"

I have spent hours looking and using the search engine for help with a solid attention-getter job announcement for friends, family and people who know me.

I just passed my state P & C and also have life and health. I am working for an independent and will do both business and personal lines. I want to grab attention with something like this:

"While it might be comforting to think that insurance is something that only the big companies need to worry about, insurance is something that all businesses need to worry about. Indeed, the smaller you are as a business, the more vulnerable you are to a wide array of risks that can only ultimately be dealt with by adequate business insurance protection."

I don't want it to say dear so-and so but would rather have it look more like an announcement with something that will want to make them call me.

In addition I'd like to include something that would entice the non-business customer.

Thank so much for any help.

I don't want it to say dear so-and so but would rather have it look more like an announcement with something that will want to make them call me.

It won't work, they won't call you. They know you are new in the business, don't know what you are doing, and the odds are against you for sticking around. Here is what I would do:

Call them up and explain that you entered the business and you would like to have a chance to get your name out there. Ask them if they would mind grabbing a cup of coffee. Tell them specifically that you aren't going to give them a sales presentation or ask them to buy. When you get together for a cup of coffee, explain what market your in and ask them how they would go about approaching people like themselves. Ask them who would be good canadates to introduce yourself too. If they express interest, go further, if not, leave them alone. Now you have some warmer leads.

If they won't meet you for a cup of coffee or even if they do, ask them if they would object to being on your monthly newsletter. Many will give you a call after a year or two in business if they see your going to make it. I didn't do a newsletter, but many still gave me a call later for that very reason.

Back