New agent looking for lead source

TylerMcCain

Im a new agent in the process of starting up my own shop. The goal is to focus on life and annuities. I have some ad campaigns running that have a fairly high clickthrough rate and an optimized landing page(all for term), but nobody is getting quotes. Ive thrown $100 down the rabbit hole the past week with no new leads. I know the business becomes referral based in the long run, but where can I get leads now to get my foot in the door and start generating cashflow?

It's going to be tough to get started from zero with buying leads or advertising. Hard to make the math work. I'd start with your local network and start with a base there and then you can try to supplement with ads or purchased leads.

It's going to be tough to get started from zero with buying leads or advertising. Hard to make the math work. I'd start with your local network and start with a base there and then you can try to supplement with ads or purchased leads.

Couldn't agree more that you should start with your warm network. List the people you know that you think will be interested or those who you think can refer you to someone that will be interested. Make a plan on how to reach them all.

Im a new agent in the process of starting up my own shop. The goal is to focus on life and annuities. I have some ad campaigns running that have a fairly high clickthrough rate and an optimized landing page(all for term), but nobody is getting quotes. Ive thrown $100 down the rabbit hole the past week with no new leads. I know the business becomes referral based in the long run, but where can I get leads now to get my foot in the door and start generating cashflow?
as far as ad campaigns go .. try Digital BGA they have a system that agent use .. it takes some capital but sounds like you're willing to invest

www.digitalbga.com
or listen to his podcast before you commit www.selltermlife.com

Nobody wants to buy life insurance. That is why it is sold, not bought.

If they do want to buy life insurance they are probably uninsurable.

If you want to learn a system where people contact you for life insurance, check out Jeff Root's system. Several posts on the forum by him and others who are using his system.

20374628_10213267870029074_3029425853858981215_n.jpg

Tyler. What you asked is the number one reason why people do or don't make it in this industry. I've seen a ton of people who are talented sales people with no one to see. I too am in the IUL and annuity space and I have found a great source for pre-set appointments with no reduction in commission. The show rate is north of 90% and conversion rate is 20-25% if you take their suggestions on how to work the appointment. Give me a shout if you want more info.

Back