New agent looking for wholesaler on P&C, life and health

aleinsurances

hi everyone,

I'm new at this and would like some guidance on getting appointed with company. I know starting off new is hard and usually have to go through wholesalers. can you please give me links of company that provided access to quoting and blinding at the same time. I'm using superior access for p&c and looking for life and health. Superior access is good but does anyone have anyone else that are cheaper. I been quoting friends and family and can't seem to beat their current farmer rates.

Superior access has very limited personal lines markets these days.
Depending on the area you are in, those carriers may or may not be competitive in terms of premium.
Of course, if you're competing with a captive like farmers, you might be taking the wrong approach. You may be able to offer much better coverage, rather than cheaper price.
Of course, you need to understand what to look for, and if you're inexperienced you simply don't know what you don't know.
And inexperience only makes actual appointments more difficult to come by, and you are probably more likely to write bad business. Not necessarily intentionally.

thank you indienoise for the feedback. I'm in southern California. i'm looking for opportunity where I can sell at home and have blinding.

P&C appointment is harder to find but not impossible. Just google insurance cluster and you can find clusters or franchises. Many will required a good amount of money to buy in before getting your contract. But you better be sure you know what you are doing. A year later, you can be out of business and out of that buy in money, which can range in $8,000 or more.

Life contract is easy to get but you may want to find someone near you to help mentor you and show you the ins and out of how to market it. If you don't know how to market life insurance, you are going to find it very hard to sell.

Back