New Agent Needing Advice

Insureman

Hello everyone. I am extremely glad I found this forum as I embark on obtaining my life and health license. I must confess though, I was inspired by the claims from the Pajama Man and Policy Shopper. They both claim to teach you the health insurance business where you could operate independently from your home. Has anyone had experience with either, good or bad? Also is there any other option that is a more cost effective way to learn the life/health insurance business from the ground up. The Pajama Man sounds a bit expensive at $5,000 and Policy Shopper is approx $350. I don't know if they are a scam or not. Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Hello everyone. I am extremely glad I found this forum as I embark on obtaining my life and health license. I must confess though, I was inspired by the claims from the Pajama Man and Policy Shopper. They both claim to teach you the health insurance business where you could operate independently from your home. Has anyone had experience with either, good or bad? Also is there any other option that is a more cost effective way to learn the life/health insurance business from the ground up. The Pajama Man sounds a bit expensive at $5,000 and Policy Shopper is approx $350. I don't know if they are a scam or not. Any advice would be truly appreciated.
I'm sure that STI will be around shortly to give you an opinion.

Rick

I would suggest you contact healthagent on this board.

This would be a good place to start to learn about health insurance. Independent Health Insurance Agent Association

I actually spoke with Warren Roche from PolicyShopper.com last week and he gave me a little run down about what they do. If you email him he will email you a link from one of their training calls. I think it is good for a new agent. They start out contracting you with Golden Rule and Assurant and then build you up to doing life apps. I don't think it's necessarily a scam as much as it is a crutch. The seasoned agents on this board will tell you if you ever have to pay for something you shouldn't do it--but there is no free lunch. From what I understand--the $350 is for appointment fees. Even with their system you still have to be committed to calling and calling and calling.

And--healthagent has some great advice and a website that is dedicated to helping the new agent.

it took me 14 years to get to the point selling from my home office....

it took me 14 years to get to the point selling from my home office....

That's the way I started. Hooked in by Midwest then quickly went to another schlock agency then Blue Cross then another office of losers. Let's not forget three weeks at Health Benefits Direct to round it out.

I'm in my fourth year.

Now I work for me only and have MGA contracts for Medicare.

:cool:

I actually spoke with Warren Roche from PolicyShopper.com last week and he gave me a little run down about what they do. If you email him he will email you a link from one of their training calls. I think it is good for a new agent. They start out contracting you with Golden Rule and Assurant and then build you up to doing life apps. I don't think it's necessarily a scam as much as it is a crutch. The seasoned agents on this board will tell you if you ever have to pay for something you shouldn't do it--but there is no free lunch. From what I understand--the $350 is for appointment fees. Even with their system you still have to be committed to calling and calling and calling.

And--healthagent has some great advice and a website that is dedicated to helping the new agent.

I listened in a "training call" from them, not even remotely impressed, they believe in high pressure sales and slam people into any plan they can. Too much deception for my tastes, I got into this business to help people, not to get rich fast and make 18k a week like policyshopper likes to claim. The $350 they charge is a decent week's worth of leads, and you will learn more on this forum than you ever would from an outfit like that.

I you want to be taught all the basics and how to build client relationships - not slam people into underwriting then call or email me. I try my best to keep agents away from the "kill it and grill it" outfits.

the key is to know all the details of every health plan that is available to your client.....

Back