New agent needs direction.

Newbie504

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but here goes. I'm newly licensed in life health and accident in Louisiana and not quite sure which direction to go. Ideally I'd like to find a mentor in the New Orleans area, but my schedule may be difficult for an employer to work around. I'm a firefighter and work there about 9-10 days a month (24hr shifts). I do have quite a bit of time to devote to a second job, but putting in a normal 5 day work week isn't possible. The other option I'm aware of is an IMO or FMO, which seem to have more cons than pros from what I've read. that goes for all of the companies I've encountered anyway. Can anyone lead me in the right direction please: a reputable IMO with reasonable leads, proper training and guidance etc., Possibly a mentor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

@Newbie504

My recommendation would be for you to check out the Insurance Pro Shop and learn from them. For $30/month, you can access their online training videos and they're GREAT!

The Leading Insurance Marketing And Sales Training, Tips And Tools!

Second, CALL them up. Talk to them about your situation. Tell them that DHK asked you to call. Tell them that you're a firefighter.

I know a guy in Florida who is also a fire-fighter and he is KILLING it using these guy's mentoring and training. His name is Kevin Murray. They just recently had a webinar with him talking about how he's selling living benefits of life insurance to firefighters. In fact, you could access that webinar if you sign up for their member's only site. The IPS guys might even give you his number to talk to him directly - but that's up to them.

IPS... Insurance Agent Training Webinar, Insurance Selling Tips, and Strategies

Once you have some decent training (and you may want to invest in their systems - but do so after checking out their online videos and talking with them), then you can pick whatever contracts you want regardless of the IMO or whatever.

They have a YouTube channel you can check out too:

I'd be happy to talk with you. Email me your phone number and we'll chat. I've been a part time agent for 6-years. Email is:
Gary at Insurance dot Lassin dot com

Back