New Agent P&C Sales Question (Florida)

DCunningham002

Hello all,
So I've worked in the insurance industry in North Florida for over 3 years now. I started out as an intern (while still in college) at an independent agency primarily working as an administrator in the commercial lines department. After successfully moving up in the ranks,getting my license, and taking some continuing education courses I was offered a position at another firm with the primary responsibility of selling personal lines property & casualty insurance (homeowners, auto, etc). So far I've been seeing a lot of success and have been closing a lot of deals and am glad I made the transition. I am just curious as far as what is the "average" per-say of commissionable premium that a successful personal lines agent sells per month? I know it obviously varies based on the carrier and their commission breakdown but I was just looking for a figure to give me an idea of where the ideal place for me to be is as far as production goes. Thank you for your insight.

- DC

Hello all,
So I've worked in the insurance industry in North Florida for over 3 years now. I started out as an intern (while still in college) at an independent agency primarily working as an administrator in the commercial lines department. After successfully moving up in the ranks,getting my license, and taking some continuing education courses I was offered a position at another firm with the primary responsibility of selling personal lines property & casualty insurance (homeowners, auto, etc). So far I've been seeing a lot of success and have been closing a lot of deals and am glad I made the transition. I am just curious as far as what is the "average" per-say of commissionable premium that a successful personal lines agent sells per month? I know it obviously varies based on the carrier and their commission breakdown but I was just looking for a figure to give me an idea of where the ideal place for me to be is as far as production goes. Thank you for your insight.

- DC

I am a South Florida agent so the premiums are significantly higher then up by you. The average agent down here does about $40,000 a month in premium. Good Luck.

I am in Tampa Bay and I would say around $35k is average. We push for $50k/month the first 18 months for new agents.

You have agents doing $100k a month in personal lines? What market are you in? South Florida?

Yes we are in South Florida and we have 3 separate agents averaging close to that in the office. If you have the tools and resources anything is possible.

Back