New Agent Seeking Temporary Position In South Miami

vbombb

Hey all,

I am a full-time college senior who is looking to break into the financial services industry. I attend college in Miami, and I plan on graduating and becoming an insurance agent. I am licensed Life, Accident, and Health in my home state of NY.

I am looking for an agency to begin with for the next 3-4 months of my final semester. I have little to no natural market, so I am looking for an agency with a good lead system where I can use my telephone skills. I am wondering where to start, and whether to start in Life insurance or Health insurance.

Some friendly advice: No agency in their right mind is going to take any time training or giving you leads just to have you work for a few months. You'd probably have better luck and success getting a part-time job at Target or something like that. If you're really interested in doing insurance and want to work on your phone skills you could probably find a job cold-calling for an agent though.

Hey all,

I am a full-time college senior who is looking to break into the financial services industry. I attend college in Miami, and I plan on graduating and becoming an insurance agent. I am licensed Life, Accident, and Health in my home state of NY.

I am looking for an agency to begin with for the next 3-4 months of my final semester. I have little to no natural market, so I am looking for an agency with a good lead system where I can use my telephone skills. I am wondering where to start, and whether to start in Life insurance or Health insurance.

Northwestern Mutual has an intern program for college students. Check with your local NML agency.

Friend of mine up in Boca might be able to help you, tell him I sent you!

http://www.davidlaser.com/Life-Insurance.t197.htm

Last edited:
Some friendly advice: No agency in their right mind is going to take any time training or giving you leads just to have you work for a few months. You'd probably have better luck and success getting a part-time job at Target or something like that. If you're really interested in doing insurance and want to work on your phone skills you could
probably find a job cold-calling for an agent though.

I think he IS saying that he wants to work in the insurance industry and he is almost done with school and wants to get started now. At least that's what I got from it

I think he IS saying that he wants to work in the insurance industry and he is almost done with school and wants to get started now. At least that's what I got from it

Right, he wants a Miami agency to train him, so he can run to New York. Doesn't make much sense for the Miami agency.

No doubt, but he is also saying he only wants to "work" for 3-4 months, so no one in their right mind will go for it. I was pointing to some other options. Sort of like what VolAgent pointed out.

Florida is a lot friendlier place for selling insurance than New York state is.

Back