New Agent that Needs Advice

pvel

Long time lurker first time poster. My wife and I recently opened our own agency two months ago with a captive and our business is finally moving in the right direction. We are averaging about 27 policies a month which is not bad starting off in our small town but looking to greatly increase our numbers going forward. We have a telemarketing program in place calling leads. We do purchase online leads and advertise in the local newspaper. My question to the pros out there When is it time to bring on a new producer or even a CSR? right now I cannot justify the cost and I am not to overwhelmed with service work. As far as a producer I can use one since I do 75% of the selling but thoughts on a payplan? I had an auto background which we paid sp commission only so I don't know what a fair plan would be for a good solid producer. BTW I have interviewed a couple and when I ask about production most of the answers I get say they sell 12-15 policies a month and I am looking for someone better than that especially if I am providing leads for them. Any comments would be appreciated.

Last edited:
You and your wife average 13.5 apps each yet you want your producer candidate to do more than you both do. Perhaps with your leads they will do more than the 12-15 per month but I wouldn't be too picky right now. Choose a good candidate you relate well to and rock it out in '14.

You and your wife average 13.5 apps each yet you want your producer candidate to do more than you both do. Perhaps with your leads they will do more than the 12-15 per month but I wouldn't be too picky right now. Choose a good candidate you relate well to and rock it out in '14.

Let me clarify. I do most of the selling. I have account for most of the production. I sell about 24 policies on an average. My wife has been handling the books and advertising. I would like to find a producer that is selling what my production is at.

Let me clarify. I do most of the selling. I have account for most of the production. I sell about 24 policies on an average. My wife has been handling the books and advertising. I would like to find a producer that is selling what my production is at.

And is your wife going to managing there books as well? Sounds like you should get one of those guys selling 12-15 policies a month groom him/her to sell like you do. Whilst having your wife be the CSR. If you are going to be providing leads I wouldn't see a problem with a competent agent writing close to what you do.

Back