New Agent Undecided About Being Independent of Captive.

whitejag

Hi...I recently became licensed for Life, Health and Variable Annuities in Florida. After reading some of the post I'm not sure if I should be an independent agent or captive. Undecided as to which line of insurance would be the best to start with. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Hi...I recently became licensed for Life, Health and Variable Annuities in Florida. After reading some of the post I'm not sure if I should be an independent agent or captive. Undecided as to which line of insurance would be the best to start with. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Since most of us here on the forums are independent, the answers are going to get will have a bias. Many of us started out captive and moved on to the independent side, while others went independent out of the gate.

Do you have a mentor and/or support system system in place? This is perhaps the biggest need you will have regardless of captive or independent.

My intention was to sell supplemental health insurance. Not sure which company would be the best to work for that type of insurance in Florida. I do like to idea of having training and support just starting out.

You might also want to check out Combined Insurance. Decent training on supplemental policies, a lead program, prospecting training, and a starting salary too.

Unlike with AFLAC, you can sell these on an individual basis, rather than a voluntary payroll deduction with a minimum app commitment.

Combined or Colonial for Supplemental. Rick or Daytona Guy can help you if you want to get started with Medicare Supplements.
What part of Florida do you live?

Back