New Agent with Credit Issues, What Companies Will Contract Him?

SWIRLagent

I am getting into the Final Expense arena and what to sign up with some insurance companies under a broker contract. Are there any companies that will 'approve' me if I have credit issues? (no bankruptcy) I have been told by others and friends that most companies will not approve you if you have credit issues. Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Agent in NC

The question is not if they will take you, but will they advance you or not.

Most companies will take you as-earn at least.

Really depends on the company.

Companies care more about vectors (you owe other ins company money) than they do bad credit.

No vector, just credit issues due to my previous business that I had to close. I have several friends and mentors in the final expense business and was just curious of any final expense companies who will take me on as a broker status. I know Colorado Bankers Life will, just want to be diverse and see about any others. Any suggestions?

i am facing the same issues...also in co. the folks i've talked to have been pretty positive. i was approved by farmers, but im not going to sign on with them. i was told by a local gma that he could take me on and, since he had to guarantee me, i wouldn't have a problem, except for medicaid 65+. i assume he knows what he's talking about.

i posed a similar question before hoping some folks who started with the same dilemma and are currently selling would chime in. maybe folks aren't comfortable admitting to past credit issues...or maybe not many were able to break into the biz.

It's not hard to clean up your credit... anyway, you should be fine. There may be a few that only offer as earned but the only one I can think of denying appts because of credit is North American and it was judgments, not just charge offs... so yeah, look into cleaning up your credit. I used do some of that on the side to make some extra cash and you would be amazed at how much you can get off of your credit. There are some reputable credit repair companies out there, not to be confused with the consumer credit consolidation places which often leave you worse off than you were when you started. Good luck to you!

with the current economy there is no way you guys are alone with having credit issues... no way!

i am facing the same issues...also in co. the folks i've talked to have been pretty positive. i was approved by farmers, but im not going to sign on with them. i was told by a local gma that he could take me on and, since he had to guarantee me, i wouldn't have a problem, except for medicaid 65+. i assume he knows what he's talking about.

i posed a similar question before hoping some folks who started with the same dilemma and are currently selling would chime in. maybe folks aren't comfortable admitting to past credit issues...or maybe not many were able to break into the biz.

Can I sell insurance with bad credit??

sorry, i should have looked a little harder before posting.

Get with Mark or Todd . . .

I just had a lady appointed and she is still in a bankruptcy.

Just depends on the carrier I guess.

Tom

Back