New Agent with No Advert Budget, Hints to Get Word Out Locally?

Would you care to share the DM methods you use?

PM me if you like. I might have some online methods that would complement your offline marketing ad vice versa.

----------

Seminars and sitting in kiosks are two ways some cash strapped agents get started in MA.

I've never done either. I had a good book of individual health business before I got serious about MA. I did OK just selling to my clients who were aging in.

I've heard success stories from agents who have done seminars. Not so much with kiosks. Some of the more successful agents only do seminars.

Another way around the PTC rules is to connect with a broker who doesn't sell in the Medicare market. If they have an existing business relationship they can call.

Maybe you can telemarket for them in exchange for any MA sales.

"Hello Mrs. Gordon, I'm ___ calling on behalf of your agent ______. Do you have any questions about your ____ policy? ...

____ will be in your area next week and would like to go over your options with you...

... I noticed that you will be turning 65 soon. Is that right? Would you like to receive information about Medicare?"

I do not know if this is complaint, but if it is, you can generate leads for the other agent for the lines he or she sells and get the MA leads as compensation.

The agent has to trust you, but if they do, (and this idea is compliant) you can set up annual review appointments for the other agent and you'll both make out.

This will not work in Ohio.

Contact other P and C insurance offices. I have a unique relationship with one in town. They do everything but Medicare. They don't want to deal with it and anyone that comes in they refer to me. Small town but I average 2 a month off season, 10 a month AEP just from their referrals. Great place to start. If I had 10 of these relationships I'd never have to prospect.

In my opinion you should have your car and home insurance with an agency that is not in the Medicare or Obamacare market and ask them for all their referrals and also send them everyone who asks you about home and auto if you are not doing those lines. Same thing with your investments, find an advisor who wants nothing to do with Health insurance and refer back and forth like crazy. These 2 send me a lot of business all year long and especially during AEP and I send them anyone who asks me about their lines of business. Same thing with your barber, lawyer, etc.

Back