New Agent

JCK818

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey guys, I am going independent. Looking to get appointed with few companies.. What do you guys suggest? Do Health companies require E & O and good credit for appointments as well? Sorry if the question is silly..
Please advise..

Hi and welcome. In California, you should write your individual & family plans directly with the carrier, as there is no GA override for those. For group you can use a GA.

You will need E&O coverage although I don't think you have to have it to get appointed. I have mine through Blue Cross (Anthem) and it runs about $460 a year. You can buy it when you are appointed with either Anthem Blue Cross or Blue Shield CA (both offer it).

You will want to get in touch with your local Sales Managers as soon as possible to get contracted.

Anthem Blue Cross Agent Support: 800-678-4466
Blue Shield CA Producer Support: 880-559-5905
Health Net CA Agent Support: 800-909-3447
Kaiser Broker Support: 800-696-8800
Aetna:Renee Brown 817-417-2135

For group, there are several good GAs:

Benefitmall
www.benefitmall.com

Word & Brown
www.wordandbrown.com

Dickerson
Dickerson Employee Benefits

Warner Pacific
www.warnerpacific.com

Also there is a small GA in Belmont, CA that can offer you Delta Dental and VSP down to 2 employee groups:
Dental and Vision Ins Home

Some do.

If you have trouble getting appointed - ring me up.

Good luck to you . . .

Tom

You licensed in California, Tom?

You need only submit a new case with each carrier to be appointed. All IFP appointments in CA are done direct, there is NO GA override on IFP business here. RSMs are free, GA take a 5% or more cut.

Good advice Dave!

No - not in CA.

But - if he has problems getting appointed we can get him a non res or two.

Tom

Back