New agent

Coach K

So I am a new agent and want to go the independent route. How do I get started and how do I contact agencies to have me sell their policies What steps do I need to take and also, would I be able to have other agents work under me? If so what is the typical pay out?

1) Use the search function. There's a lot of great info.

2) You want to find IMO's that work in your specific life insurance market.

3) Don't worry about recruiting until you've been in the business for a few years. A new agent recruiting new agents is an act of diminishing returns. You can't train someone about something you don't know much about.

Or.....

Go to NAA or Primerica

So I am a new agent and want to go the independent route. How do I get started and how do I contact agencies to have me sell their policies What steps do I need to take and also, would I be able to have other agents work under me? If so what is the typical pay out?

I can help you get started - call me. No obligation.

Forget the "other agents work under me" part until you are making $50k a year from your own personal sales.

Insurance sales isn't rocket science or brain surgery. But it does require training, commitment and consistent work ethic.

There are a lot of people on here that have done well in this bizz and want to share their winning tactics with those willing to work. Learn from them.

There are others that have "an exciting opportunity" for you and don't want to share with the rest of the group. 19 times out of 20 this are sharks/scammers. Beware.

It used to be that when people went to Carnivals there would be someone walking around seeing who had the money. They'd pepper them with chalk or dust. Then other carnies would know they had cash for the taking. These people ended up being known as marks (no pun intended)

When people jump on this forum and say, "I'm new, how do I do this insurance gig" they become marks. Then the recruiters come out. :dull:

I ALWAYS suggest that before you identify yourself as new, take some time to look around and figure out what's what. I promise you if you've asked it, it's been asked at least 10x before. The search button is great.

There are some very active agents on this forum that provide a lot of value up front and for free. Then there are people that try to pitch you on their system and they only need 5 minutes of your time, hassle free.

Just a heads up, that's what some insurance agent tell prospects to get into the door to sell them. You're basically a prospect right now.

When I joined this forum, I had a clear vision of my plan. My question was about if the product I chose would work well with a part time schedule. Some people had some great insight. One of those guys asked me to call him if I just wanted to talk about the industry and how it had changed since I last sold insurance.

I had a hour phone call with that agent where he did nothing but provide value. I changed my whole marketing plan after that call. He never asked me to sign up with him or any such thing. He just took the time to talk about his experience.

I learned a lot and I at least hope I can provide a little value in return. Dude doesn't recruit people.

However, it gave me a tremendous amount of insight on who I would be willing to work with and make money from me. I was straight up about my goals and expectations (for myself) for my situation.

Great IMO's don't have to push to recruit you. They have a reputation that gravitates you to them.

Back