New AL Agent Looking for Best IMO?

pbragg1983

Hello, all! I'm set to take my exams for licensing but would like input on the best organizations to join up with? I am looking into Symmetry and Equis ....but not really sure the commissions are up to par on these? I'm also concerned about leads. Any and ALL info appreciated.

Hello, all! I'm set to take my exams for licensing but would like input on the best organizations to join up with? I am looking into Symmetry and Equis ....but not really sure the commissions are up to par on these? I'm also concerned about leads. Any and ALL info appreciated.

Your question is too open-ended. Most IMO's specialize in one or two areas of insurance. What are you planning on selling? Are you going to be in the senior market or the underage market? Life or health? Both? How much hand-holding do you need?

Tell us what you want to do.

Avoid both places mentioned. Please let us know what lines you will be selling so we can guide you.

From the IMOs I've been looking at....FE, life, mortgage insurance, annuities. Possibly others.

Sorry, terribly new. Any guidance appreciated. Just want to do the right thing for my kids.

From the IMOs I've been looking at....FE, life, mortgage insurance, annuities. Possibly others.

Sorry, terribly new. Any guidance appreciated. Just want to do the right thing for my kids.

Makes sense. There are some great final expense and medicare IMO's on the forum. What state are you located in?

FE usually belongs on the senior side of the business. Please keep in mind....you can't be all things to all people. Pick an avenue and go with that. It's not that you can't learn all of these products, but you should be focusing in on a particular market and do your best to master that first.

What everyone is saying has merit. You cannot be a jack of all trades and master of none. If you look at the Forum Index, that's why it is divided into all these separate verticals, FE, Life, Med Supps, Health and Ancillary, etc. There is nothing wrong with asking for guidance. However, at the end of the day you need to be the one to make the decision of what line of business you want to become the expert in. Pick something that you have a passion for and will enjoy getting up every day to do.

You will get better guidance from the forum once you know what direction you want to go. Best of luck.

Back