New and need advice!

Dani1313

My husband and I are in the process of getting our license because of a job opportunity at Symmetry. I have been doing a ton of research and they seem like an ok company to start off with to learn the basics of selling insurance. We are both hard workers and working from home and putting the work into it and it seems this line of work fits that while making a good living for our family. We are both brand new to seeking insurance but have knowledge in sales. The biggest thing I’ve seen from symmetry is that they are willing to teach you. Otherwise I am finding through these forums that independent is always a better option. We are not looking to make millions just better then where we are now. So I guess my question is if symmetry is the way to go or if there are other options out there that will train you but with better commission? Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.

I have a lot of links in this "sticky" thread in the Getting Started forum. In my opinion, they are the best and the least expensive resources you'll ever find. By doing this, you can get trained FIRST and THEN find a place to learn more from... rather than being completely dependent on any agency's training.

Then YOU become "the buyer" and you interview THEM... rather than they interviewing you and you being dependent on them.

https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/guidance-for-new-life-agents.29999/

One word of advice after you sign on. You may find it more comfortable to see each client with your spouse along for the ride. You may make a lot of money but you are splitting your commissions in half. Two people can see twice as many clients in a day by working alone. I did not work for Symmetry but another MLM carrier and saw this time and again. One spouse starts making money and recruits the other. They spend the day together and run appointment together. Your sales don't increase this way, they are just a bit more fun. Best of Luck!

Reactions: DHK
Thank you guys for the advice! I will definitely check out the resources you posted. Thank you so much!

Back