New BCBS Plans / Interesting Reform Info

insane OOP's.

Humana is doing 3x family deductible & 3x OOP in place of the 2x they did before.

Cigna's OOP is and has been nuts.

Blue is going to eliminate all PPO plans and switching over to all POS. Smaller network, fewer brand Rx on the formulary. Under their POS if the Rx is not on the formulary there is NO coverage, not just higher OOP.

Aetna re-introduced plans with no brand Rx.

Sounds like the difference between getting hit by a bus or a truck. Who cares if a paycheck to paycheck working class family has to file BK over 80K in medical bills because they didn't have coverage or 15K in medical bills because they can't afford the OOP.

With coverage, the hospital wins a bit more. Client still loses.

Sounds like the difference between getting hit by a bus or a truck. Who cares if a paycheck to paycheck working class family has to file BK over 80K in medical bills because they didn't have coverage or 15K in medical bills because they can't afford the OOP.

With coverage, the hospital wins a bit more. Client still loses.

C'mon now, let's be real here.....paying off $15k is alot easier than paying off $80k.....

Which brings me to my newest business idea....."Medical Mortgages".....see, we finance that $15k deductible for the client over the course of a 30 year term for a reasonable interest rate, and then sell the debt to Fannie and Freddie.....for lower wage earners, or folks buying insurance for the first time, we can even defer principal payments for the first 5 years......

C'mon now, let's be real here.....paying off $15k is alot easier than paying off $80k.....

Which brings me to my newest business idea....."Medical Mortgages".....see, we finance that $15k deductible for the client over the course of a 30 year term for a reasonable interest rate, and then sell the debt to Fannie and Freddie.....for lower wage earners, or folks buying insurance for the first time, we can even defer principal payments for the first 5 years......

Except the facility will finance them at 0% interest if they even give a hint that they will pay it off $5 a month for the next 100 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just got an e-mail from Anthem....no more child-only as of today.

Last edited:
Back