New Career New Agent

This is exactly what I'm thinking about doing. The only thing, I'll be doing this in a town where I have no connections.

If everything goes to plan, and I get permission from the court, I'll be moving to Omaha, Nebraska from Ohio.

Anyone know how the life insurance market in Omaha is doing?
I may think about your idea of selling Medicare sups and final expense.

Ive been thinking about this for a while now. This sound like something I really want to do.

This is exactly what I'm thinking about doing. The only thing, I'll be doing this in a town where I have no connections.

If everything goes to plan, and I get permission from the court,
I'll be moving to Omaha, Nebraska from Ohio.

Anyone know how the life insurance market in Omaha is doing?
I may think about your idea of selling Medicare sups and final expense.

Ive been thinking about this for a while now. This sound like something I really want to do.

Why do you need permission from the court? Is you a criminal?:err:

No, I'm not a criminal!

Been in court the last three years for child custody. I now have full custody. Bio mother has supervised visits. I have family in Omaha that will be a big part, and help in our "family network."

I can't just leave with my daughter. It has to be approved by the judge, if moving more than 100 miles.

Thank you for the cold welcome to my first post. I hope everyone else is more friendly and welcoming.

Criminal, really?!?!?!

No, I'm not a criminal!

Been in court the last three years for child custody. I now have full custody. Bio mother has supervised visits. I have family in Omaha that will be a big part, and help in our "family network."

I can't just leave with my daughter. It has to be approved by the judge, if moving more than 100 miles.

Thank you for the cold welcome to my first post. I hope everyone else is more friendly and welcoming.

Criminal, really?!?!?!

My apologies. I think that with the info you posted, it was a natural assumption on my part. I don't think you should be offended...you should have posted why you had to get the courts permission.

I understand what you're going through. My ex-bitch was going to try to move my kids 1,500 miles away from me until I put a stop to it. I ended up getting custody of my 4 kids.

I got my start in the insurance business in Lincoln, Nebraska in 1973. Nebraska should be a great place to sell Med Supps and FE. I'd probably work the smaller towns.

A warm welcome to the Forum and good luck to you!:yes:

It's been a hard road. I've been dealing with this for 10 years. The last 3.5 have been in court. I have no savings anymore. You won't believe how much custody cases cost here in Ohio. My lawyer fees, guardian ad litem fees, psychologist fees, forensic psychologist fees, court fees, the list goes on.

If we want a normal life, we have to move. I'm 36 and never thought I'd ever move. I'm thinking what is best for our family. I have 3 daughters. My wife is from Omaha so that is where we are trying to get permission to move.

I've worked in finance before (series 65). Owner sold firm when he went through a divorce.

If I move, get my license in Nebraska and hit the street all day every day, I should do a good job.

I can transfer to one of our company divisions in Fremont. But I really don't want to do that. It's a safe paycheck. I'm sick of being safe. I want to earn what I'm worth. I think insurance will allow me to do that.

It's been a hard road. I've been dealing with this for 10 years. The last 3.5 have been in court. I have no savings anymore. You won't believe how much custody cases cost here in Ohio. My lawyer fees, guardian ad litem fees, psychologist fees, forensic psychologist fees, court fees, the list goes on.

If we want a normal life, we have to move. I'm 36 and never thought I'd ever move. I'm thinking what is best for our family. I have 3 daughters. My wife is from Omaha so that is where we are trying to get permission to move.

I've worked in finance before (series 65). Owner sold firm when he went through a divorce.

If I move, get my license in Nebraska and hit the street all day every day, I should do a good job.

I can transfer to one of our company divisions in Fremont. But I really don't want to do that. It's a safe paycheck. I'm sick of being safe. I want to earn what I'm worth. I think insurance will allow me to do that.

I was 36 when I got divorced. It was about the same length of time for me to get custody. I didn't spend as much time in court as you. She was a lousy mom and I kept records of all that she did wrong. She used the kids as pawns and I honestly think she only wanted them to hurt me.

To make long story short, she didn't want to be embarrassed by her actions in court, and when I told her that I wouldn't ask for child support, she jumped at it and signed over custody to me. I kind of look at it as though she sold my kids to me. Money's the most important thing to that rotten bitch.

I'm done talking about that Cun't now, my blood's boiling.:mad:

The same thing what I'm going through. The psychologist called it Parent Alienanation Syndrome. When we went to court she wanted to settle instead of going to trial and chose to have every other weekend. But she just can't stop doing crazy and hurtful things to her own daughter. So we go to court in May.

I'm praying every night the judge will see what's going on, and give us permission to move. Then I'll need to sell the house. I've noticed the homes in Omaha, well Elkhorn (Rated beat school district) are really expensive to what is here in Ohio.

I just want to find a good Insurance company to work for. Maybe find a mentor, and bust my ass prospecting.

I need that freedom! I don't want to miss my kids activities. I've sold things before, insurance is just another product that everyone needs.

My friend was killed working the local train yard just before Thanksgiving. 3 kids no life insurance. That is what made me think how everyone needs this insurance.

I'll be reading these boards soaking in all the information I can.

No, I'm not a criminal!

Criminal, really?!?!?!

I get it. I saw your post and was 99% sure it was a child custody issue. But I'm divorced.

In TX, we have county issues. I am limited to Dallas and Collin county.

In CA, there are NO limits.

But if you haven't dealt with a custody issue, you would have no idea what the post meant. Cut him slack.

And good luck!

I get it. I saw your post and was 99% sure it was a child custody issue. But I'm divorced.

In TX, we have county issues. I am limited to Dallas and Collin county.

In CA, there are NO limits.

But if you haven't dealt with a custody issue, you would have no idea what the post meant. Cut him slack.

And good luck!

But I do have that experience and I didn't know he was talking about custody. It's been almost 30 years for me. maybe that's why I missed it.:err:

Back