New CMS Guidance on Initial Commissions on Medicare Advantage

When it comes to FMO’s, Craig Ritter stands tall above the fray. He’s passionate about the senior health insurance market and fights for the agent’s that serve this vulnerable population. He’s simply unique, in a world of; fast buck, no service, high turnover, and contract pushing, FMO’s. I wish I had ALL my contracts with Ritter and will seek him out for future contracting needs. :yes:

All of my FMO’s are silent :SLEEP: on this most basic and important issue of how we agent’s get paid. I’m not sure if they are afraid to rock-the-carrier’s boat or they are so a-washed in renewal cash that they could care-less about the few hundred dollars we agents were promised to get. But, for agents, isn’t this were the rubber meets the road?

I’ve got to come clean with all my InsuranceAgentForum friends and confess I’ve had an addiction to higher commission contracts and have steered away from this deserving FMO (Ritter). I have USED Mr. Ritter’s web site to get my carrier updates and downloaded sales materials. I have found the Ritter web site to be my primary source of CURRENT information for several of my carriers (my other FMO’s lack this support). Yet, all the while, Mr. Ritter was and has been the only AgentForum FMO that posts informatively -- without trying to bottom fish or push a hidden recruiting agenda - ever. It is all about relationship sales and Mr. Ritter has proved to me his worth. Well Mr. Ritter you’ve got my attention. Thanks!!!

PS Oh, and watch after the CMS ruling how ALL the other FMO’s and carriers will make it sound that all along they were fighting for us and how they helped get this issue resolved. I’m not buying that and none of us should! :no: The only carrier that I know of that truly made a public disclosure of fighting for the agent was Universal American (American Progressive, Pyramid, a.k.a. Today’s Options (("Thanks Mac" :cool:)) ).

UHC Update Letter:

June 29, 2009

Dear Agent:
We want to give you a quick update on the request UnitedHealthcare (UHC) made last week to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to review the guidance provided on June 5 regarding Part D to Medicare Advantage enrollments.
CMS has indicatedthat it agrees that its November interim final rule and issued guidance was not as clear as intended. CMS is rethinking that policy/strategy and is considering issuing a new compensation file that addresses this issue.
While this continues to look positive, it is important to note that CMS has not made any final decisions at this time nor has it promised us what its final decision will be or when that decision will come.
In order to be prepared, UHC has plans in place should CMS decide to issue a new file, and we will be prepared to make payments as fast as possible should CMS rule that way.
Thank you for your continued support and business. We will continue to send updates as we have more information on this developing situation.
Sincerely,

Back