New Health, Life, and Accident Agent in Georgia

mch88

I live in Georgia and am looking for jobs. I would really like to work from home and work on the life and health side of things as an independent agent. I was wondering if anyone could steer me towards a way to find jobs or if anyone knows of anyone hiring? I see a lot of jobs on job sites, but when I check the companies out they don't have great things said about them.

I know that I made a similiar post asking about a specific company in the "Getting Started Selling Insurance Forum" but I thought that this question was geared more towards this forum and I might get more information for this specific question here. If I am double posting, I'm sorry :( I am just trying to make an informed decision.

"Job" infers salary, maybe benefits, etc.

Work from home = self employed, 1099, straight commission.

Sorry, I guess I meant I am looking for brokerages to be what would be considered a 1099 at. I am just not having much luck. I wouldn't necessarily have to work from home, that just seems to be the only thing that I am seeing as far as health and life related 1099 employment status goes with brokerages. Is there a good place that I should be looking? Forgive me, I am new to this.

Go captive to learn the business. For longevity consider a career life shop (assuming they still exist).

Go captive to learn the business. For longevity consider a career life shop (assuming they still exist).
Though this was not my plan going in, that is exactly what I did. I joined a captive agency, after one year to the day left to do my own thing. It cost me in having to pay back unearned advances, and at the time I left I didn't really fully understand how unprepared for going independent I really was, but it's all worked out really well. If I had started out independent it would've been over quickly and I would be doing something else for a living.

I live in Georgia and I would really like to work from home and work on the life and health side of things as an independent agent. I was wondering if anyone could steer me towards a way to find jobs or if anyone knows of anyone hiring? I am just trying to make an informed decision.

Call: Ms. Kat Watson @ 888-305-4008.
Source: Free Qualified Preset Insurance Appointments

This sounds like it might be good for breaking into the industry. Good luck!
ac

Thanks! What about this ad: I can't post URLs because I don't have over 20 post, but if you go to Athens, Ga craigslist and search for "SEARCHING FOR LICENSED HEALTH INSURANCE AGENTS (Georgia)" then the an add I am looking for pops up. I believe it pops up on the Atlanta one too. Sorry for the run around :(

Does this one look good? I have talked to the guy and he sounded pretty straight forward. And I looked them up on glassier and the company is First American Insurance and from the reviews on glassdoor it looks like they've been around a while and the employees seem to write realistic reviews that sound good. Thoughts?

Thanks so much everyone! If there is any other advice, please let me know! :)

----------

And thanks AllenChicago, I will definitely give her a call!

Where in Georgia are you located?
There is a quality brokerage house in Athens I can steer you toward for life sales.
You might want to really consider going captive with a life company. They put you on salary & commission and the manager has incentive to train you.
Send me a private message with your email on it.

Thanks! What about this ad: I can't post URLs because I don't have over 20 post, but if you go to Athens, Ga craigslist and search for "SEARCHING FOR LICENSED HEALTH INSURANCE AGENTS (Georgia)" then the an add I am looking for pops up. I believe it pops up on the Atlanta one too. Sorry for the run around :(

Does this one look good? I have talked to the guy and he sounded pretty straight forward. And I looked them up on glassier and the company is First American Insurance and from the reviews on glassdoor it looks like they've been around a while and the employees seem to write realistic reviews that sound good. Thoughts?

Thanks so much everyone! If there is any other advice, please let me know! :)

----------

And thanks AllenChicago, I will definitely give her a call!
@MCH88, which company are you with now? I am looking for a broker though I prefer to be independent because I have existing tax office. Just passed GA L &H , looking for a way forward. Any advice from you and others will be greatly appreciated.
Blessing

Back