New!!!i Need Help!!!!!

I am new to the insurance business I got hired by united American. I passed the(L,H,&A) test on my first try which my branch manager said was very rare and that even he took it 4 times. Only one other person in the office passed on the first try. It really didn't seem that hard to me, maybe they are dumb or I am brilliant who knows.

Anyways. I have been with the ua 2 month and they haven't even trained me on the policies yet...needless to say I haven't made any sells so no money is coming in. They state they are to busy to train at the moment and to just stay on the phone cold calling for the other agents which is crap....

I have a couple other companies trying to hire me but they are all owned by the same company torchmark. They are liberty national, American income life insurance oh and one not owned by them is aflac. can you tell who is a good company to work for ? I am a 26 a single mom of a beautiful 6 month old daughter and I am running out of my savings.Should I make a move ?Should I give UA a little bit longer ?Please Help!!!!!! Thanks so much Christy

Maybe you should be the branch manager :-)

Seriously, if money is tight and running out and you are serious about staying with the insurance business, you should go captive for awhile... You won't get rich for the most part, but you will get the training you need so desperately and also have cash flow. The larger companies ( Met, Monumental, NY Life, Prudential and etc.) will give you a weekly draw against commisions and offer a healthcare benefit plan to you.

This is a great way to get started and after you are well trained and are comfortable with a nice cushion set aside, try going non-captive again. I started with Met as a captive agent, learned alot, made a little, but worth its weight in gold for the experince and training they gave me.

Hope this helps... Good Luck!

Al

What products are you going to be selling with UA? Here in Missouri they priced themselves out of the Medicare Supplement business in about 1999. At that time they shifted their focus to what they call "under age health insurance". Is that what you are waiting to be trained on?

Are they providing you with any kind of leads or are you calling from a list? If you are using a list it is probably of small business owners in the area.

Have you not been assigned to a unit manager? He/she is the one who is suppose to be "training you". Your unit manager should go over all the applications with you, show you how to fill them out and explain which policies compliment each other. He/she should also take you out on appointments with them so you can see a presentation. Then they sould have you put your presentation together and go with you on a few appointments to help you hone your "dog and pony" show

If you are going to be selling "under age health" products you can count on at least two months for you to get comfortable with all of them and know when to recommend what.

If they don't do that soon I would tell them that you are going to have to sell for someone else. Don't hang around too much longer.

Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss it further.

We Sell Life, Medicare Supp.,comperhensive Health Policy, Accident Insurance, And Cancer Policies, Or At Least Thats What They Say We Sell! Like I Said No Training At All Here. Yes I Am Calling Small Business List. My Unit Manager Is A ***. She Just Says Keep Calling For The Other Agents But Dang If I Had Been Trained I Could Do The Appointments And Get Paid. That Is Why I Got My License. It Is Just Driving Me Crazy.

Christina,

Give me a call. My toll-free number is at the bottom. I think I can help if you are interested. Posting and e-mail are great for "saying hi", to talk business nothing replaces a "real conversation" regardless of what some people may think.

Back