New!!!i Need Help!!!!!

I started out with UA, I stayed for 3 days... "Qualified Leads" are business that you cold call. Of course the next place I went was NAA. I can tell you that I worked for Monumental. Decient Benefits including Pension which most company's insurance or otherwise don't really do anymore. The downside is you'll have a debit route more than likely. Collecting money, but it always gives you someone to see and as long as you hit their mark of 850 in ap per week which is about 3 policies you'll be fine. I would definately leave UA though, they suck.

I started out with UA, I stayed for 3 days... "Qualified Leads" are business that you cold call. Of course the next place I went was NAA. I can tell you that I worked for Monumental. Decient Benefits including Pension which most company's insurance or otherwise don't really do anymore. The downside is you'll have a debit route more than likely. Collecting money, but it always gives you someone to see and as long as you hit their mark of 850 in ap per week which is about 3 policies you'll be fine. I would definately leave UA though, they suck.

If you worked for Monumental and had a debit route, it must be different depending on what area you are in. When I worked for them in 2003, we had a book of business and "service pay", but there was no collecting and I doubt they have gone back to debit routes now since they were trying to get everything on bank draft before. The manager (who had retired from UA) said he'd rather have business lapse rather than have to go collect it every month and when he took over he put a stop to the agents collecting, although a few of them would collect on a small number of accounts. The service pay is for going to see everybody in your book at least once a year, or at least attempting to. I do remember the target of 800 a.p. per week though. Their main products are life insurance and cancer policies, and they sell other companies supps in some areas, probably United World.

Well, here's the standards that I have, 10 of the life check ups and 5 of the other one where you get to see how much their in debt and make ratio stuff like that. I collect about 5 grand a month in premium, collect. I have a 10 grand book. Selling and collecting sucks. I'd rather lapse half my book than collect too. It's a waste of time. Going back in forth when crazy people aren't home

I started with UA too.. an awful place to learn the business.. now that I'm independent and are making cold calls, I've found I have more success because the people I'm calling haven't been called by 10 other UA agents in the last month. If you want to learn the business and need money, I would agree that a large company with some sort of training pay would be the way to go. Not sure which companies still offer that.. I know a couple of years ago you could go o American General, Met, NYL, and NWM to name a few. Not sure if they all still offer training pay though...

NY and Met Life offer training pay. That's what I got too, "Someone from your company called me three times this week!"

If you worked for Monumental and had a debit route, it must be different depending on what area you are in. When I worked for them in 2003, we had a book of business and "service pay", but there was no collecting and I doubt they have gone back to debit routes now since they were trying to get everything on bank draft before. The manager (who had retired from UA) said he'd rather have business lapse rather than have to go collect it every month and when he took over he put a stop to the agents collecting, although a few of them would collect on a small number of accounts. The service pay is for going to see everybody in your book at least once a year, or at least attempting to. I do remember the target of 800 a.p. per week though. Their main products are life insurance and cancer policies, and they sell other companies supps in some areas, probably United World.

I am a Monumental Agent. We still collect money if there are people on our books who don't do bank draft. We do get the service pay along with commissions and benefits. Selling mostly life, cancer and accident policies. And we can brokerage Annuities, Health, Disability and Longterm Care. Definitely not getting rich, but it was my starting point. Been there about a year, we have an average of 3 aps a week with $800 premium goals. I am thinking of branching out, because I want to do all lines of business. I am licensed in P&C as well as Life, Health and Annuities. Starting where I started was a good thing, it got me into the business, got me trained, got me paid while doing it. :biggrin:

Christina,

Getting started can be tuff as an independant agent, I know of several companies that will train and advaavce weekly comm's. Also I can recomend Frank as a great source of information and straight talk, get info from many people than decide what works for you !
Regards
Steve B

Back