New independent Agent

rob81001

I've been working for a call center for the last few years. I recently left and want to start selling insurance independently. I primarily will deal with medicare supplements starting out. I'm looking for a resource to learn more. I'm familiar with a lot of terms, but I want to know more. I want to know more about how to structure your agency, how to create a downline, different options for getting appointed etc. Any book or internet resource would be great. I tried to google it but I usually get people trying to sell medicare plans. lol

I've been working for a call center for the last few years. I recently left and want to start selling insurance independently. I primarily will deal with medicare supplements starting out. I'm looking for a resource to learn more. I'm familiar with a lot of terms, but I want to know more. I want to know more about how to structure your agency, how to create a downline, different options for getting appointed etc. Any book or internet resource would be great. I tried to google it but I usually get people trying to sell medicare plans. lol

I will 2nd MedicareTraining101.com.

It's easy to understand why I recommend it. We own it now. So, if you need someone to talk with as well (about building an agency and different options), just give us a call. Rick is still available to talk with as well.

Biggest issue you'll run into, is its going to be hard to find anything on the internet on how to structure your agency or build one. You need good mentorship and lead by the front to get it off the ground. You also need to have backend support, leads, and training.

You need to find someone near you (a few would be best) contact them and ask them if you buy the coffee would they be willing to sit down with you and answer some questions. Forums like this can give you some direction... I'm all about hearing the story from the horses mouth...

Take notes and compare answers...

If medicare supplements can changed or purchased through open enrollment, how does an agent sell after the enrollment period? Are people that are going to turn 65 the ones to go for during this period?

If medicare supplements can changed or purchased through open enrollment, how does an agent sell after the enrollment period? Are people that are going to turn 65 the ones to go for during this period?
Medicare Supplements have no restrictions, you can sell or replace(as long as they can passUW)anytime during the year.

Medicare Advantage has the Annual Enrollment Period.

Rob, click the link in my signature below. it links to my facebook and youtube channels. There are hundreds of videos there to help you build a strong insurance agency. It's free!

Back